Launcher crashes while downloading

i have waited a lot of time for my game to download, around 25 hours, and now that it's about to finish it crashes every time, i have 49.41MB left to download and every time it gets to around 10% to 20% it crashes and when i open it again it's it's still at 49.41MB, please help.

the content that makes the launcher crash seems to be from the latest patch 3.21.1, i've tried removing already downloaded files and it downloads them no problem, but when it gets to the latest patch content it completely crashes.
Last edited by Shegorah on May 23, 2023, 6:51:02 PM
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2023, 10:34:20 PM
"
Shegorah wrote:
i have waited a lot of time for my game to download, around 25 hours, and now that it's about to finish it crashes every time, i have 49.41MB left to download and every time it gets to around 10% to 20% it crashes and when i open it again it's it's still at 49.41MB, please help.

the content that makes the launcher crash seems to be from the latest patch 3.21.1, i've tried removing already downloaded files and it downloads them no problem, but when it gets to the latest patch content it completely crashes.

1. Activate a VPN service.
2. Start the PoE client as "an administrator".
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

1. Activate a VPN service.
2. Start the PoE client as "an administrator".

Yeah i've been downloading the whole game as administrator, can you recommend any free vpn providers to try? I really can't spend the money on something i'll probably use once.

Thanks for the advice and in advance for the recommendations!
"
Shegorah wrote:

Yeah i've been downloading the whole game as administrator, can you recommend any free vpn providers to try? I really can't spend the money on something i'll probably use once.

Thanks for the advice and in advance for the recommendations!

I saw a post from Sarno where this one should be working ok -->
https://www.robovpn.com/
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

Well thanks for the recommendation but i'd rather try and find a free alternative just in case, i've seen many cases of "free 30 days money-back guarantee" services snatching money from the credut card they ask you for without your consent, thanks for the help though, i would've never thought of a VPN :)
Is the launcher actually crashing or just getting stuck?

Have you tried resetting your modem/router at all?

Do NOT use "administrator", if your Windows is properly configured that should not be needed, PoE knows all about privileges.

😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
xjjanie wrote:

Do NOT use "administrator", if your Windows is properly configured that should not be needed, PoE knows all about privileges.

the client opens, connects, checks resources for a few seconds, and then starts downloading, after a few seconds and a few megabytes downloaded, it freezes and then closes.

i haven't tried resetting it, but i have tried disconnecting as the client starts downloading, this prevents the client from crashing directly and yields an error message specifying that the file that's trying to be downloaded is from patch 3.21.1 as those numbers are in the name of the file.

i will try later to restart the modem, thanks in advance!
"
xjjanie wrote:

People who use a standard installed windows and doesn't know about UAC and so on, can sometime need to use the "run as an administrator" to get enough system rights. There isn't anything wrong with this and it does pose any kind of risk.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
xjjanie wrote:

People who use a standard installed windows and doesn't know about UAC and so on, can sometime need to use the "run as an administrator" to get enough system rights. There isn't anything wrong with this and it does pose any kind of risk.

i tried using hotspot defender VPN and it didn't work, i tried multiple locations and it either keeps closing at download or at "checking resources" with the "disconnected from patching server before patching completed: try again." error message. i tried everything i could think of and that i could find on the internet, there's another thread with a similar issue and there's also no solution, is there anything else i can try before resigning and downloading the steam version?
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

I have never heard of this before.

I definitely haven’t commented on it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info