tried to submit a bug report but I don't get how this works

Hi,

I'm not sure why this process is confusing and difficult, but I did "/bug" like it says on the loading screen, after encountering a bug, and it said to post here instead of, for example, bringing up a menu for it, or opening up automatically in my browser (or asking "Hey can we open it up in your browser?")

I also thought it would ask me to explain the bug after doing that, but it didn't, so I'm pretty sure you have a blank bug report now? Was I supposed to put in a description? If you're going to do it that way, you should at least check whether the description is blank before accepting the report...

Maybe you said that in the loading screen tip, I don't know, but even if you do, I'm not going to remember that if I'm half paying attention and glance at the tips while I wait sometimes.

Also, I hit the screenshot button as instructed, but I don't know where I'm supposed to find that. I was just going to quickly say "Hey, this Rogue Exile somehow got trapped inside/under the crucible thing in this area" but instead I'm writing a long-ass post in a forum, about how hard it is to submit a bug report.

I might have even checked known issues to say "Oh, yeah, this is the issue I'm looking at" and put my screenshot in there, but I know it's a pain in the butt to search your forums, and I don't even have the screenshot, so, not going to try.

Anyway, the bug report number it gave me was 1,224,270,387 in case you want to go throw it in the trash for being blank. I don't know what process you have.
Last bumped on May 22, 2023, 4:26:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
ZBrannigan wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure why this process is confusing and difficult, but I did "/bug" like it says on the loading screen, after encountering a bug, and it said to post here instead of, for example, bringing up a menu for it, or opening up automatically in my browser (or asking "Hey can we open it up in your browser?")

I also thought it would ask me to explain the bug after doing that, but it didn't, so I'm pretty sure you have a blank bug report now? Was I supposed to put in a description? If you're going to do it that way, you should at least check whether the description is blank before accepting the report...

Maybe you said that in the loading screen tip, I don't know, but even if you do, I'm not going to remember that if I'm half paying attention and glance at the tips while I wait sometimes.

Also, I hit the screenshot button as instructed, but I don't know where I'm supposed to find that. I was just going to quickly say "Hey, this Rogue Exile somehow got trapped inside/under the crucible thing in this area" but instead I'm writing a long-ass post in a forum, about how hard it is to submit a bug report.

I might have even checked known issues to say "Oh, yeah, this is the issue I'm looking at" and put my screenshot in there, but I know it's a pain in the butt to search your forums, and I don't even have the screenshot, so, not going to try.

Anyway, the bug report number it gave me was 1,224,270,387 in case you want to go throw it in the trash for being blank. I don't know what process you have.

Well first there is this for you to read -->
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474
Section = How to report bugs.

So screenshots + description + /bug report number (in some cases).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info