Path of Exile shouldn't be concerned about Diablo 4

Yes folks, after having played open beta Diablo 4, i'm pretty confident about PoE's future. D4 is just a D3 version 2 (or D3.5).
First of all, you guys have to check out the video called "D4 meme review" from "Twodancinglobsters" to understand my speech.
So, here we go !

No risks taken :
- Only 5 classes,
- Same classes than D2/3 and nothing new,
- Same classes abilities as D3 but placed in a tree instead of lines (and many people won't see it, lul),
- Same dungeons mechanics : you enter the dungeon, you kill mobs, you perform an action (for example : placing an object on a pedestal) and you'll kill the boss (which is a joke btw), i'm pretty sure players will do it once or maybe 2-3 times and after they'll be forgotten,
- Act 1 final boss is hilarious in term of mechanics,
- Anecdotic mines : what's the point to spend 30 seconds in it ?
- Itemization which doesn't scale with player level, for example in L25 dungeons i looted items with an ilevel of 12, rofl. Same assessment for the open world : the level of mobs scales with player level but not the loot,
- No crafting bench or NPC to recraft your items (you can't add a line or reroll it),
- 2-3 same mechanics of open world events,
- Dull legendaries : i played a necromancer and i never had the need to use uniques, i did my "journey" from lvl 10 to 25 with a blue weapon which was better than yellow/orange weapons. Yes, the DPS stat was better.
- Blizzard still continues to use Paragon system : the dullest thing i've ever played and i spent countless hours during lockdown before i decided to play for real PoE and to understand the true meaning of : Hack'n'Slash.
- Mob density is a JOKE. I've never been concerned about my life pool and my character ressource at any moment. I never had this feeling of harrassement i found in PoE.

To conclude :
I heard from the mouth of a hardcore D3 player (yes hardcore players exist in D3) under NDA that Blizzard will continue to have the Greatest Rifts system. Again, no risks taken.
Famous streamers who are well-known in the PoE scene were here to take Blizz money and to discover the game to help them realize PoE was still better.
So i rejoyced myself : PoE will continue to be the higher end of the market and the most accomplished A-RPG H'n'S in term of diversity of mechanics, rewards systems, and healthy monetization.

I hope the new league mechanic will be sick the next season.
Last bumped on Mar 28, 2023, 3:12:44 AM
Most great grandchildren with different parents and raised in different continents tend to live their lives independent of each other.

But here. Have a bump for your efforts. And thank you for posting your thoughts about a game that isn't PoE in the correct place. Bonus points for you.
I may or may not have spent a great deal of this weekend hunting down every live version of 'Cliffs of Dover' I can. Eric Johnson is a guitarist's guitarist. He makes me want to be a writer's writer.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 28, 2023, 3:14:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info