PSA: D4 Honoring Refunds

I was horribly disappointed at D4, it looks and plays worse than D2 despite having 23 years to improve. PoE despite all its issues is still by far the best popular ARPG available.

Blizzard immediately honored refunds through the support page, in case anyone else was in the same boat.

I just hope GGG mixes up build diversity through buffing underused skills and mechanics so we don't have the same 5-10 leveling and end-game builds on 90+% of the player base for yet another league. I guess we should be glad that PoE exists with this pathetic Lost Ark knock-off snoozefest of an attempt by Blizzard.
Last edited by yeknoms on Mar 24, 2023, 5:08:01 PM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2023, 12:22:19 PM
So far it plays a lot better than the Diablo 2 Act 1 Closed Beta (which I was a part of, so I feel qualified to make that comparison purely from a personal stance) so yknow, to each their own. Exiles gonna exile.

Thanks for the PSA. That's very good news for anyone who preordered and regrets it.

Not sure it'd work on console though. Haven't tried to cancel a preorder the few times I did one but I do know Sony are veeeery disinclined to refund released games without a lot of proof said game is simply unplayable.
I may or may not have spent a great deal of this weekend hunting down every live version of 'Cliffs of Dover' I can. Eric Johnson is a guitarist's guitarist. He makes me want to be a writer's writer.
"
So far it plays a lot better than the Diablo 2 Act 1 Closed Beta (which I was a part of, so I feel qualified to make that comparison purely from a personal stance) so yknow, to each their own. Exiles gonna exile.

Interesting point of reference, although I feel like core parts of the game on pacing, ambiance, complexity, and itemization are just too much to fix.

D2 also suffered from some complexity and itemization issues that don't hold a candle to gearing, build, and end-game choices in PoE. So it can't really compare to PoE today.

But D2 ambiance and pacing just felt great from day 1, and it was the best choice around even with the repetitive Mephisto/Diablo/Baal runs for a long long time. Leveling up a new character or teleporting through levels never felt like a chore as much as leveling up in D4 feels like.

D4 feels so linear and looks too clean, you move slowly and clunky, no 'umph' feeling from beating up monsters, build decisions don't feel important at all. Item tradeoffs and inventory are just boring compared to PoE socket/item choices/currency use even during leveling. I couldn't pinpoint a single novel or exciting part of the beta.

It's just a different genre of game for a different audience (closer to a casual MMO) from what I saw.
Why on earth would you pre purchase a game that has a free for all open beta before the open beta?
Especially after Error 37.

I already miss the game and will play it again asap but if the servers are pooping out that "p" is not "day one".
I may or may not have spent a great deal of this weekend hunting down every live version of 'Cliffs of Dover' I can. Eric Johnson is a guitarist's guitarist. He makes me want to be a writer's writer.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Why on earth would you pre purchase a game that has a free for all open beta before the open beta?

I was excited for the game and willing to show support early on, due to so many good years with Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.
Not very far off from why I purchased supporter packs for PoE, it was mainly because the game was fun and I was happy to contribute.
But at this rate I may never play another Blizzard game again, it is tragic what happened to that company.
"

Not sure it'd work on console though. Haven't tried to cancel a preorder the few times I did one but I do know Sony are veeeery disinclined to refund released games without a lot of proof said game is simply unplayable.

Depending on the Pre-Order bonus and what it contains that can get tricky in general.

However there was a preorder I had on PS5 once, can't remember which, where the date got pushed and they actually auto-refunded me. (I think it was a delayed Destiny2 expansion), so it's definitely not impossible
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Weird, I thought D4 played exceptionally well.

Had an absolute blast with closed and open beta. Played all classes (minus druid) to 20+.

I'm excited for it personally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info