Blocking ads on twitch?

i'm so sick of these obnoxious ads on twitch every time i click on a new channel in my recommendations. is there anyway to block them? i dont mind subscribing to people if i regularly watch them but sometimes i just want to check out new channels to see what they are about and dont want to sit through the annoying ads.
i already have adblock plus but it doesnt work on twitch
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Dec 31, 2022, 8:53:06 AM
Last bumped on Jan 4, 2023, 10:28:32 AM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i dont mind subscribing to people

If paying isn't an issue, Turbo might be just what you're lookig for.

"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
i already have adblock plus but it doesnt work on twitch

uBlock Origin is a vastly superior browser extension.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
thanks for the reply. ublock didnt work either. before i invest into turbo,there is no way to block the ads on twtch for free?
It works for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you uninstall ABP & restart your browser? It's not unheard of for browser extensions to trip over each other, and I doubt either developer tests theirs alongside the other.

The Firefox version is more powerful than the one created for Chrome & the other Chromium-based browsers; the APIs Google offers are more limiting (they are an ad company!).
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
It works for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you uninstall ABP & restart your browser? It's not unheard of for browser extensions to trip over each other, and I doubt either developer tests theirs alongside the other.

The Firefox version is more powerful than the one created for Chrome & the other Chromium-based browsers; the APIs Google offers are more limiting (they are an ad company!).

yes i did that. do i need to do something in the settings menu? (settings,filter lists,my filters etc)
If you watch enough and $10 isnt breaking your bank every month then turbo is worth it. Dont have to worry about extensions or twitch finding a way around them and you can feel like you are supporting every channel you watch in a small way.
Either sub to the channel, or get Turbo. Using an adblocker on Twitch OUTSIDE OF WHAT TWITCH OFFERS is against Amazon's TOU.
I am emotionally & mentally drained through the sharking waters.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jan 4, 2023, 10:28:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info