Cursed Ground

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2024, 5:51:12 AM
//already posted in general thread, but for visibility i'll duplicate it here

Cursed ground visuals is backward and that's quite upsetting.

Expected: When i cast curse i want to know area immediately, when it ends it may have some vfx, but i don't really care

What we have: Barely visible appearance smoothed over a second on cast; Great visible borders when it expires.

At the worst case just move expiration vfx to initial cast and that will be MUCH better
Last edited by Archan111 on Dec 13, 2022, 7:23:58 PM
The gem states: "Enemies on the Cursed Ground from a supported skill are cursed with that hex". I was disappointed to find that this is not always the case: Enemies on the Cursed Ground are not cursed with that hex if that hex has previously been removed by Hexblast (unless the enemy leaves and re-enters the area). This has been reported as a bug (and confirmed 'not a bug') here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3325260.

It seems a more accurate description might be along the lines of (note emphasis): "Enemies on the Cursed Ground from a supported skill become cursed with that hex". This implies that being on (or entering, including when the ground becomes cursed under them) the cursed ground causes them to 'become' cursed but doesn't state that they *are* cursed by being on the cursed ground. Thus if the curse is somehow removed (ie: by Hexblast) the enemy won't be cursed anymore until they somehow 'become' cursed again.

Due to this I'm having trouble understanding the use case for Cursed Ground over the plain hex:
  • Cons:
    • It requires 2 (linked) gem slots
    • It has a 140% mana multiplier
    • It doesn't 'track' the enemy
  • Pros:
    • It has a longer duration

My character (is a tester on standard) build is cold-based spell totems, level is 95, no *complimenting* abilities.
Last edited by SirGuySW on Dec 13, 2022, 9:31:10 PM
I've been playing around with this support gem as an alternative to the massively nerfed curse/hit rings and self-casting.

To be honest, even linked with Increased Area of Effect the total diameter feels quite small. The boss always leaves the circle and the extra duration compared to a normal self-cast feels completely wasted as well.

No one self casts this during mapping either, which I can live with as map mobs don't normally need all the extra dmg.

I feel like it's just better to save yourself 2 gem slots and self-cast the base curse every 10-ish seconds since the boss will most likely move out of the curse circle well before the 35 seconds end.

Quite disappointed how clunky and uncertain it is to keep the curse up despite being a 3-link.
The quality on this support could use a boost and/or have this support increase the base radius of curse slightly more :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info