Cannot pickup items with controller when using Ultrawide (5120 x 1440) resolution

Setup
I am using the 49" Samsung Odyssey G9. Default desktop resolution is 5120 x 1440. With Windowed Fullscreen enabled, the in-game resolution is scaled to some unknown value (~3450x1440?) with black bars on the left- and right-hand sides.

Error Description
Absolutely no items can be picked up. The "pickup prompt" is shown when your character is physically too far away from the item to actually pick it up. The prompt disappears when moving into actual pickup range.

The first image is windowed mode with 2560x1440 resolution. The item (Corsair Sword) can be picked up.

https://imgur.com/ImSnQdM

The second image was taken without moving the character, but after changing the resolution to 5120x1440. The "pickup prompt" has disappeared.

https://imgur.com/fYOLry8

The third image was taken with the same 5120x1440 resolution, but after moving far enough away from the item for the "pickup prompt" to appear. The item can not be picked up.

https://imgur.com/dbUObuN

Last edited by Amasiman on Dec 12, 2022, 2:12:50 PM
Last bumped on Jan 1, 2023, 3:40:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Thanks for your report, I'll pass this on.
This is a common problem with controller (at least on PC) where item markers are sometimes far away from the pickup zone. You can try to reset it with R2 + down arrow to toggle highlighting on/off which usually reshuffles everything to the right spot. It happens even at 1920x1080 on my regular monitor.
Thanks for the input, but I believe my issue is different from what you describe. I get this with every single item drop, so it's not just sometimes - I quite literally can't loot anything.

I did still try your workaround though, but unfortunately it didn't work for me :(
I was getting ready to post this very issue as I have the same monitor

I was very confused when I started the game and attempted to pick up the crude bow only to realize that I could not :D

I had no issues interacting with the NPC at the beginning of the game under any scenario

I tested the following scenarios. In those cases where I was too far away to interact when prompted, it was always when I was to the left of the item. I am not prompted when to the right/above/below by any amount that I've tested thus far.

5120x1440 Windowed to 4074x1312 (has black bars) - kind of works... I can get relatively close to the item coming from the left, but there is no interaction prompt when I'm to the right-side of the object (or above, below, etc.)
5120x1440 fullscreen (has black bars) - broken, interaction prompt appears when I'm too far away to actually interact
5120x1440 windowed fullscreen as 4096x1440 (has black bars) - broken, interaction prompt appears when I'm too far away to actually interact

3840x1080 windowed (has black bars) - broken, interaction prompt appears when I'm too far away to actually interact
3840x1080 fullscreen (has black bars) - broken, interaction prompt appears when I'm too far away to actually interact
3840x1080 windowed fullscreen (has black bars) - broken, interaction prompt appears when I'm too far away to actually interact

2560x1440 windowed to 2560x1312 (no black bars) - works
2560x1440 fullscreen (no black bars) - works
2560x1440 windowed fullscreen (has black bars) - broken, interaction prompt appears when I'm too far away to actually interact

Last edited by Ensetsu_ on Jan 1, 2023, 3:43:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info