Lightning Conduit

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2022, 12:16:02 PM
Pros:
• Good damage
• Pleasant clearing
• Beautiful animation
• Popularization of Shock

Cons:
• Condition for Damage (shock present)
• He will be nerfed in the next patch
• Non-Elementalist subclasses can find it difficult on a low budget to garner enough shock effect on Uber bosses
• Divergent Quality (Destroy Corpses) fails

This is the most enjoyable skill I have ever played. I don’t even know what the reason is, a good clearing, confident damage, beautiful animation, or all together.

I put together a build with a lot of emphasis on survivability, but this did not deprive the build of damage, it is capable of delivering the most common and confident 5-10k dps in this setup and it's incredibly nice.

You will surely be able to find those who neglect defense and set up an 800kk dps version of this skill. But that's a boss design issue, not this skill. You don't want to fight uber bosses for a long time because of the disgusting design of clogging the arena with degens. It's not difficult, it's not a challenge, it's just "kill faster".

A bit of math.

In an identical build, Lightning Conduit deals 5 times more damage than Shock Nova (2.5 if Ring is included), and 4 times more damage than Galvanic Field.
And in act 10, going to the map, I had about 300k dps (which is 2-4 times higher than most other skills at an identical level)

Conclusions.
The gaming experience on the Lightning Conduit was the most fun and fluid in a while. I absolutely adore builds that are able to give out ideal and comfortable 4-5kk dps with good defenses.

Nerfs? Reduce base flat damage by 30% (to make Added Lightning Damage Support more useful at higher levels).

Buffs? A lot of skills are outdated, with limitations or little damage. and it would be nice to buff them to the level of a nerfed Lightning Conduit.

Special requests:
• Remove the AoE tag from the gem, or change the description of the skill. There are about 10% of players who use Concentrated Effect or Intensify (simply because they give damage in PoB), but Lightning Conduit doesn't deal AoE damage.
• Mobs with block chance, even after the change where they take 20% damage when they block, do not get shocked, which reduces the damage potential by several times if a hit is used to shock (rather than an AoE debuff). Perhaps we should reconsider this and apply at least 0% shock if the target blocks the hit?
• Divergent quality is somewhat useless, because some mobs either die from a shock trigger (for example, Orb of Storm) before Lightning Conduit deals damage, or after damage is dealt, again from a shock trigger (Culling). This way, half of the corpses remain, and this is enough to be vulnerable to Detonate Dead and similar troubles.

Can introduce a mechanic / notable / keystone "the corpses of enemies you kill have 90% less life"?
Or maybe finally buff the Heralds and add them a built-in explosion with 1-3% of the life of the enemy if they have a themed ailment?
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515
Last edited by moonretealoud on Sep 8, 2022, 3:56:26 AM
Issues with the gem.

Conc effect does not work with the gem, area is only affecting the radius but not the bolt damage (so i have been told)

Path of building does not reflect this and I have no idea if intensify support which i have been using has been useless

Orb of storms+ Lightning conduit + spell echo/awakened spell echo do not work as orb of storms only triggers off the first cast of LC.

lvl93 Meta EB Lightning Conduit Elementalist (Full Block [without glancing blows])

Clear potential: 6mil dps - (with 3 Frenzy charges)
Boss potential: 7mil dps (with Convergence and one Frenzy charge)
Average hit: 1.4mil - 1.7mil

Mechanics: Lay down Orb of Storms and blast with Lightning Conduit at rapid speed results in Herald of Ice explosions, those explosions guarantee shock to nearby enemies which result in more explosions, etc. For bosses, pop Wrath & Vaal Haste, attach two Shock Nova brands for as high shock effect as possible.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree (for lvl95)

Pros:
- Amazing clear potential
- Smooth play experience
- Very safe mapping (can distance kill)
- Can sit in bunches of mobs (especially Harvest)

Cons:
- Terrible at boss killing and certain league mechanics (Sourge bosses, Expedition blocking mobs, some deranged rares)
- Likely requires Doryani's Prototype for bossing
- Does zdps if you don't, can't or forget to apply shock (very dangerous)
- Skill uses too much mana (even with EB) and dangerous to rely on leech
- Too many map/mob mods render skill useless (ailment reduction/immunity, lightning resistance/immunity, spell suppress, spell block, etc)

General gameplay
The one two game play seems to be a thing that GGG loves to implement, and this skill is a nice addition to the arsenal. It is especially nice that you can use anything to apply shock and not limited to certain gems/items. General mapping is pretty fun as you can achieve screen wide clearing (sometimes offscreen?). It is pretty fun to stand and cast a few times and watch the entire screen of shocked mobs die.

Bossing and Tougher mobs
There feels like there's something unknowingly wrong with the skill when trying to take down bosses, with all the potential damaged being higher than a lot of the other builds I have, this by far the most unreliable at killing bosses, I can sit for 2-4 casts and not even put a dent in a boss, then suddenly make small chunk. Because of these issues, bossing becomes a nightmare as you cannot leech if you don't make impactful hits, meaning you use up vital mana/es and then can't cast and/or can't tank too many hits.

Conclusion
For mapping, the skill is likely too powerful, has the potential to clear off screen and very easily. This most certainly feels like the AoE reach will need to be toned down so you actually need to invest. What PoB shows is incorrect?

Consistently shocking bosses to deal damage is a big pain for this skill, and relying on all your damage coming from the strength of your shock on bosses is a fatal flaw of the skill. My gut feeling is that there are too many conditionals that really hinder the use of the skill and its damage output while bossing. Either there needs to be a fix, or there needs to be a Unique boss multiplier or guaranteed hit.

subtractem also mentions clunkiness with single target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOdHS2ihTC8&t=114s
Last edited by Jin0 on Sep 9, 2022, 7:39:32 AM
"
Jin0 wrote:
lvl93 Meta EB Lightning Conduit Elementalist (Full Block [without glancing blows])

Clear potential: 6mil dps - (with 3 Frenzy charges)
Boss potential: 7mil dps (with Convergence and one Frenzy charge)
Average hit: 1.4mil - 1.7mil

Mechanics: Lay down Orb of Storms and blast with Lightning Conduit at rapid speed results in Herald of Ice explosions, those explosions guarantee shock to nearby enemies which result in more explosions, etc. For bosses, pop Wrath & Vaal Haste, attach two Shock Nova brands for as high shock effect as possible.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree (for lvl95)

Pros:
- Amazing clear potential
- Smooth play experience
- Very safe mapping (can distance kill)
- Can sit in bunches of mobs (especially Harvest)

Cons:
- Terrible at boss killing and certain league mechanics (Sourge bosses, Expedition blocking mobs, some deranged rares)
- Likely requires Doryani's Prototype for bossing
- Does zdps if you don't, can't or forget to apply shock (very dangerous)
- Skill uses too much mana (even with EB) and dangerous to rely on leech
- Too many map/mob mods render skill useless (ailment reduction/immunity, lightning resistance/immunity, spell suppress, spell block, etc)

General gameplay
The one two game play seems to be a thing that GGG loves to implement, and this skill is a nice addition to the arsenal. It is especially nice that you can use anything to apply shock and not limited to certain gems/items. General mapping is pretty fun as you can achieve screen wide clearing (sometimes offscreen?). It is pretty fun to stand and cast a few times and watch the entire screen of shocked mobs die.

Bossing and Tougher mobs
There feels like there's something unknowingly wrong with the skill when trying to take down bosses, with all the potential damaged being higher than a lot of the other builds I have, this by far the most unreliable at killing bosses, I can sit for 2-4 casts and not even put a dent in a boss, then suddenly make small chunk. Because of these issues, bossing becomes a nightmare as you cannot leech if you don't make impactful hits, meaning you use up vital mana/es and then can't cast and/or can't tank too many hits.

Conclusion
For mapping, the skill is likely too powerful, has the potential to clear off screen and very easily. This most certainly feels like the AoE reach will need to be toned down so you actually need to invest. What PoB shows is incorrect?

Consistently shocking bosses to deal damage is a big pain for this skill, and relying on all your damage coming from the strength of your shock on bosses is a fatal flaw of the skill. My gut feeling is that there are too many conditionals that really hinder the use of the skill and its damage output while bossing. Either there needs to be a fix, or there needs to be a Unique boss multiplier or guaranteed hit.

subtractem also mentions clunkiness with single target
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOdHS2ihTC8&t=114s

The problems listed above are not related to skills. It's just a bad build.
My version of the build does not have these problems, has more damage, survivability and maximum shock on uber bosses.
my hideouts - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228515
"
moonretealoud wrote:

The problems listed above are not related to skills. It's just a bad build.
My version of the build does not have these problems, has more damage, survivability and maximum shock on uber bosses.

Congrats on a better build than me. Care to share it?

Looks like I'm far more casual than you are, perhaps that's why I feel certain issues that you don't.
Last edited by Jin0 on Sep 10, 2022, 5:26:55 AM
Elementalist SSF , level 95. Using Storm Brand to apply shocks and Lightning Conduit afterwards. I have 60% shock effect on non-uber Pinnacle Bosses with my current Gear. Here the POB:

https://pastebin.com/uzQ2w1A4

Ascendancy Nodes:
- Shaper of Storms (for 100% shock chance + shock scaling)
- Shaper of Winter (slowed enemies are good for defence + hypothermia damage)
- Mastermind of Disord + Heart of destruction (for Boss Damage thanks to lots of Exposure and more damage)

Biggest problem with this skill is the map mod that reduces ailment chance by x% or disable shock. You should look at this as some maps literally disable your build.

I had to switch to Spark in Maelström of Chaos Map to do any damage and Vinktar Square will be the same as it disables shocks.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 11, 2022, 2:57:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info