Items cannot be picked up due to UI issue

This has happened to me ever since I started playing in 3.18.

Symptoms: Cannot pick up one or more items using the controller - when selecting to pick it up, my input is ignored because the item is too far away from the player character. When moving my character close to the item, the UI prompt to pick it up is not selectable with controller because the prompt is hovering far away from where the item is.
Observe in the screenshot, this entire pile of items has been dropped at the bottom right of the screen where the white lights are shining from. However the highlight text is all clumped together far away from the items' location, and it does not move or correct itself when the character moves around. As a result of this, the highlight text is not clickable with controller inputs unless the character is standing too far away from the items to actually pick them up.

Reproduce: Happens frequently when a large amount of items drops, eg after killing high level Harbinger encounters in a Lake area

Can sometimes reset the UI by walking far away, or portalling out of the area and back in, after which the highlight text is back in the proper position.

https://i.imgur.com/l2adFjP.jpeg

Can you either fix the UI issue itself, or at least allow us to reset the item highlight with a controller button or combination? When using a controller, we can't even use the keyboard to toggle item highlights which would also let us workaround the bug.
Last edited by shujaa on Aug 28, 2022, 8:29:09 AM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2022, 8:27:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info