GGG's Future after PoE2

I'm curious if GGG has plans for future dungeon crawl looter RPGs once PoE2 is done? I'll just get this off my chest:

- Make it sci-fi, for creativity's and variety's sake
- Borrow the Lost Ark combat system, because it's like isometric Tera and we need more combat systems like that

And if you just aren't feeling it when coming up with a new IP, just pull a Warhammer and give us Wraeclast 40k.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2022, 4:22:41 AM
I hope they just continue to make the best ARPG there is, for many years to come.
"
CPTBRUMBL3Z wrote:
I'm curious if GGG has plans for future dungeon crawl looter RPGs once PoE2 is done? I'll just get this off my chest:

- Make it sci-fi, for creativity's and variety's sake
- Borrow the Lost Ark combat system, because it's like isometric Tera and we need more combat systems like that

And if you just aren't feeling it when coming up with a new IP, just pull a Warhammer and give us Wraeclast 40k.

POE2 is mainly a new campaign and another name for patch 4.0.
So not really a new game (more like mega patch), the same as when patch 3.0 dropped and introduced 6 new acts.

For me it seems GGG will keep all of their eggs in one basket and focus/try to make PoE their only but successful game.
Seems risky to have only one trump in your sleeve but i assume they know what they are doing.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Would like to see a classical RTS on a small-skirmish scale done with the Incursion or Synthesis mechanic in mind. Instead of grafting it onto an ARPG though, you have something akin to Age of Mythology but your campaign is built around a small force (summoners anyone?) tasked with meddling in the politics, economy, and culture of a city state at the time they are building a great pyramid temple.

This could also be reframed as lol pirate provisions and swashbuckling skirmish game.

Or you're steering a group of handpicked investigators through the eldritch-blasted memories of a former colleague now housed in the Arkham Asylum or some such. Your men have a focused-scope tech tree, each memory is a flexible puzzle piece...but your choices in either arena could determine whether the outcome is discovering your pal was plotting against you all along, or needs rescued, or it's all just a puppet show put on by Azathoth and now you're tentacle snacks.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Yes. It will be very interesting to see if they someday become Grinding Gears Games.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Yes. It will be very interesting to see if they someday become Grinding Gears Games.

If I was a betting man, and I am, and the over under was 1.5, I'd bet the under.

I suppose there could be some semantics here, or a scenario where the Dev leadership changes, but the name remains, and some sort game manifests.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"Some sort game" is as good a description of PoE as any.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info