whats wrong with my RF build?

Heya I been building this toon and I run into issues.
mainly at level 83 I still can't do tier 16 maps without dying.
and I figured I could use some help checking out my gear/build etc and tell me what im missing and how to improve.

thank you all ahead of time.
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2022, 6:25:39 AM
This is my rf character and I never die, even if I afk in the middle of a juiced t16 I don't die, regen is crazy. I didn't look at your profile but try and mimic this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Clamhead/characters

Ughrfagain is the character name.

Gl.
Last edited by Clamhead on Jul 17, 2022, 9:24:43 PM
First dump those rings for some %life vermillion rings or elemental damage opals rings with high life, resists, life regen and fire / damage over time multi those rings are trash. Also get a nice flask setup with enchants to "use at full charge: and rolled to recover # charges when hit, you basically get 24 7 uptime on flasks but never need to pop them. Also get a chest with least 100 hp and over 100 life regen, mine is 116hp 146 life regen and it was like 40 chaos. Make sure ur spell and attack block capped aswel. Check ur auras, should look like mine. Annoint ur neck to charisma for 5 auras.
Also dump that mana flask, you should be using life tap in almost every link you have.. dump jade flask. Our defense is mitigated by Armour, spell & attack block and massive regen, not evasion. Get gear with Armour and es, ur gonna be hybrid.. Spec into divine shield also if u haven't. Get a bismuth if low res a basalt if low Armour and use regular granite over rumis for the gain charge on hit roll. I suggest running a life flask, ruby flask, granite flask and a Sulphur flask and or phasing with the enchants and rolls I said above. Ruby is mandatory.
Last edited by Clamhead on Jul 17, 2022, 9:44:31 PM
Your stygian belt is garbo to. The damage over time roll is the only good thing on that belt, but u could get one with over 100 hp, % to maximum life, life regen and res Socketed with a nice life abys jewel that gives damage while wielding a shield. Remember RF damage scales off your max health. More hp more damage. Damage over time multi is our biggest damage boost, but no life on any piece of gear is immediately trash unless it's a niche unique like ashes or our boots, etc. Think I have 6k hp and 2k es. Right now you should have over 5k hp maybe 1k es, maybe 84 85% physical damage reduction from Armour and 75% block for attack and spell damage,, 75 cold, fire and lightning res, try for 0 chaos res atleast and should have 1200 to 1300 life/es regen and should be running purity of elements aura making sure your res capped plus it makes you immune to most ailments. I wouldn't stop running this aura. Also determination, malevolence, defiance banner and tempest shield. If ur regen is low drop banner for vitality as long as you maintain good physical reduction (Armour)

Swap our purity of elements with purity of ice when you can hit 90 cold res and have a -70 res melding jewel. This will cap all res at 90. You will only need to worry about chaos res then.
Last edited by Clamhead on Jul 17, 2022, 10:10:50 PM
My skill tree is not Optimal, it's tailored to what I needed at the time. Basically the standard tho. Once u have ashes, melding jewel and aurora you can chop the bottom half off the tree and spec further towards the top, getting the fire multi damage nodes and a double cluster setup. 1 coming from the 2 Armour 1 jewel nodes to the left of tree, use a large 8 note able cluster with 3 keystones, you will only spec into 2, 2 jewel sockets, one u put a medium in with 5 noteables 2 being keystones and jewel or a 6 notable 3 keystone but ull only want to spend 4 skill points so regardless you will only get 1 keystones and a jewel socket. Your other jewel socket a nice fire dot multi or dot multi with fire or burning damage and % to max life jewel, a watchers eye or your melding of the flesh. You will do the same at the top where the elemental damage jewel socket is.
Last edited by Clamhead on Jul 17, 2022, 10:36:26 PM
Thank you, I will look it up when I get online :)
so I made some changed, still lacking 2 basic gems in my passive tree, but bought/made flasks and replaced the belt...

much better but I still get smashes.... even with max res on all (incl chaos) and 75 block...
What is your physical reduction at from armour?.. also what's your health, energy shield and life regen at? I notice you're already cutting off the bottom of the tree and going for damage nodes at the top. You're losing out on alot of Armour, health and life regen. Look at my skill tree and hit the bottom nodes I have. Dump all themfire damage nodes at the top. Also setup a frost blink, hextouch, flammability link. I also notice you're not running a fire trap setup which gives us more single target damage than RF. Run RF in your elder helmet with it influenced for lvl 20 consecrated effect and lvl 20 burning damage, then put fire trap in your 6 link chest. This will give you bothvm 6 link rf and 6 link fire trap. Copy my links. Are you also running molten shell? I set my molten shell to left click (our movement bind) do this and it's always activated. The cool down is very low and you basically have 24 7 molten shell with a vaal version if u need it. Are you also running enduring cry / infernal cry? Enduring is a nice oh shit button giving massive life regen and defense. infernal does alot of damage, it does a huge combustion explosion and gives you 7 charges of combustion you can proc with frost blink and shield charge. You can elder influence to gain an endurance charge every x amount of seconds on your chest also so ull always have 3 endurance charges. Lots of defense.

Your best offense is a great defense, couldn't be more true running a rf build. Never be afraid to sacrifice some damage nodes for more defensive ones, the damage will come.

You can add me in game for more help.
Last edited by Clamhead on Jul 18, 2022, 11:31:00 PM
Put RF in your helmet.

Also why would you run t16 maps? Because you are lvl 83 and the mob lvl is 83?

Run t12 or whatever, still getting enough xp and much safer. Do T16 when your char is well equipped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info