Microsoft is PoE killer!! (maybe)

So i made a forum post while back where i stated four of my top reasons why i think D4 might have advantege over PoE 2 but one more thing that i think deservers it's own post is this:

After Microsoft buys Activision so it's going to be MicrosoftBlizzard (or maybe they change the name to something else) MS could actually do the one thing that would make (most) people forgive the D:Immoral fiasco and that's is either completely deleting Immoral, which is not likely because "it might cause more problems that it solves"

Although just making an announcement that they are going to leave Immoral servers up but putting it in maintenance mode meaning they are not going to use any more time/man hours for that shit and concentrate on other games (like in D4) would give them back some goodwill that Activision lost, at least that's my opinion.

Also i think that Immoral has already made most of it's money, casuals used their little to no money on it and quit while whales already min-maxed their characters so no more reason to use money and Microsoft has no need for a quick cash grab, they are a HUGE company with almost limitless amount of money and might value the "brand name" of Diablo more than Activision.

tl;dr:

I hope Microsoft either completely erases Diablo immoral or at least just abandons it's development but leaves the servers up.
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2022, 5:45:31 PM
It's seems GGG really is afraid of Microsoft making Diablo great again and completely crushing GGG/PoE if they buried my post in the forum graveyard aka off-topic even though there are several "poe killer" post left alone in general forums, I knew it!!
Microsoft is a garbage company, they kill everything they touch

They killed Fable, they killed Halo, they killed AoE, they are even killing Minecraft

Microsoft is a curse for Diablo, Blizzard stabbed the IP, microsoft will bury it in a grave
MS only bought Activision/Blizzard for profits.

Don't forget King belongs to Activision.

The Blizzard franchise is not interesting to them aside from HS and WoW.

Blizzard managed to bury their own franchises themselves.

They stayed RING3 while other AAA+ companies made contracts with AC companies working on RING0 even Ricochet used by Activision is a joke because they use the same poor jcc Obfuscation they use on their main titles.

Oh regarding Obfuscation around 40-55% of the executables are obfuscated and it's huge performanceloss alongside with their telemetry collection they'd only need for payment processing/verification procedures.

The takeover will be sabotaged by underpaid Blizzard employees anyway. The "When will Winnie step down" post didn't come from China.

Blizzard outsourced their recent projects anyway and next to nobody of the OG Blizzard demographic still exists the youngest players were born in 1994 that was like the end of their Classic games lifespan.

D4 targets D3 players.

What you can expect though is a lot of MTX or P2W mechanics once the takeover has been finalized.

This also includes more games like D2 Immortal.

On the bright side several governments have begun to crack down on LootBoxes.
It didn't it the big markets yet but a good amount of SEA is already affected.

It will reach the big markets once politicans need a distraction subject once again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info