Game crashes my whole computer since new patch

Ever Since the new patch on June 15th POE crashes my entire computer and it reboots. Sometimes it crashes 1 second into the splash screen, sometimes it takes 3-5 minutes. A couple times I played for a half hour or so. In the end it always crashes my computer. This is the only game that does it. I have tried other games. I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice. The second time I moved it to a different hard drive. I have rolled back graphics drivers, turned on/off multithreading, messed around with graphics settings and nothing seems to work. I did a RAM check and everything game back fine. I am not sure why this is the only game crashing my system.

Windows 11, Ryzen 7 5800x, 3070 TI, 16GB RAM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2022, 5:29:36 PM
I disabled SMT. It did nothing. I started the game up and 2 seconds later my PC crashed.
"
james115511 wrote:
I disabled SMT. It did nothing. I started the game up and 2 seconds later my PC crashed.

try doing a clean windows'10 installation and make sure you install correct vendor drivers for chipset, GPU and so on.
Also are you doing any kind of OC on your CPU, RAM or GPU ?
No overclock. A reformat is just about the last thing I wanted to do.
This is my PC and I don't have these problems -->
AMD 5800x, 32GB 3600 MHz ram, Asus TUF OC 3070Ti, Samsung 980-Pro 1TB Gen4 NVME SSD

I am running windows'10 and will not upgrade to Windows'11 because first there was big problems with AMD hardware and also performens issue.
MS claims that these things have been fixed but I will stay with my trusted Windows'10. :)

However I only play in standard so don't know if that make any diferance......

I am running Vulcan. DX12 will "crash" my client from time to time.....
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Jun 27, 2022, 12:24:30 AM
fixed after reseating the ram.
Last edited by Clerigon on Sep 8, 2022, 10:59:06 PM
Still crashing my computer. Is there some sort of crash log I can post?
"
james115511 wrote:
Still crashing my computer. Is there some sort of crash log I can post?

look for crash information in the client.txt file and windows log system.
I gave up and reset my PC. The game worked fine for a day. I just started it up today and my computer crashed on the Intro screen. My next move might be trying to go back to windows 10
Last edited by james115511 on Jul 10, 2022, 11:20:40 AM
"
james115511 wrote:
I gave up and reset my PC. The game worked fine for a day. I just started it up today and my computer crashed on the Intro screen. My next move might be trying to go back to windows 10

if you go back to win'10, then do some research before it in regards to driver version.
- GPU = find the version that is confirmed most stable.
- Motherboard = make sure you install the lastest vendor driver for this (chipset drivers and so on).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info