Huge lag spikes, packet loss, dying a lot.

I'm having issues with lag spikes. I read the sticky note thread on what to do. I've ran WinMTR and uploaded the results to PasteBin.

https://pastebin.com/qcp6scAs

Looks like I'm having issues with "No response from host" and "port-channel4.core2.mci3.he.net".

Everything else looks good.

How do I fix this?

Last bumped on Jun 24, 2022, 11:05:09 AM
You don't have any packet loss at all. If that was true packet loss, it would follow through to the end of your trace.

What you are seeing is something called ICMP packet depriortization. Basically, the ping packets are being dropped so more important data can get through.

Did you run the test while playing and experiencing your issues?
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
You don't have any packet loss at all. If that was true packet loss, it would follow through to the end of your trace.

What you are seeing is something called ICMP packet depriortization. Basically, the ping packets are being dropped so more important data can get through.

Did you run the test while playing and experiencing your issues?

I ran the test while playing and saw the issues, yes.

Huge lag spikes affecting the game and showing up in the on-screen display. I'll take a screenshot and post it.
Having trouble taking a screenshot. Usually F12 does it for steam.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info