Flickering, blackouts, disappearing assets

Greetings

Recently updated to Nvidia Version 516.40, released on 06.15, ever since i get occasional screen flickering, which make some assets disappear/reset (resets the map mostly). A single time i just got a black screen, the game still runs and answers but its all black and needs a restart. Kind of hard to play like this, any help would be appriciated.

Problem persist on both DX12 and Vulkan.

System specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus RTX2080 Turbo
Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wifi)
Trident Z RGB 2*8GB 3600MHz
PNY CS900 120GB Sata3 SSD (windows drive)
WD S500G2X0C 500GB NVMe SSD (game drive)
WD20EZRZ 2TB in external RAID1 (archives)

Thank you in advance
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2022, 8:55:43 PM
Same issue here after update to Nvidia 516.40. Screen flickering, game goes black except for potions and skills, fog of war resets. Problem persists on both DX12 and Vulkan.

Thanks in advance
I've been playing all league just fine. I updated to new Nvidia and having this same flashing black flicker issue. I tried switching vulcan to dx and back same deal.

Whats weird is, right now i have browser open and POE in background - zero flashing, but if i bring POE forward, its flashing ever second. I tried switching window/fullscreen - same results.

Major issue here, no idea if its Nvidia issue or POE. I'm going to try to revert my drivers If i can find a way to do that.

I'm on a i9 9900k 2080ti
Last edited by Scuba_man on Jun 16, 2022, 5:37:17 AM
Seems like it's a problem with the driver. Having the same issue. Map layout is getting reset, black flickers all over the place, missing textures.

GeForce RTX 3060

Will try reverting back to an older driver and update this post if it works.

Edit: uninstalled 516.40 via DDU and went back to 512.77. Seems like the issue is resolved. Will update further if anything new pops up.
Last edited by YourFather on Jun 16, 2022, 8:08:52 AM
"
ShortyHUN wrote:
Greetings

Recently updated to Nvidia Version 516.40, released on 06.15, ever since i get occasional screen flickering, which make some assets disappear/reset (resets the map mostly). A single time i just got a black screen, the game still runs and answers but its all black and needs a restart. Kind of hard to play like this, any help would be appriciated.

Problem persist on both DX12 and Vulkan.

System specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus RTX2080 Turbo
Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wifi)
Trident Z RGB 2*8GB 3600MHz
PNY CS900 120GB Sata3 SSD (windows drive)
WD S500G2X0C 500GB NVMe SSD (game drive)
WD20EZRZ 2TB in external RAID1 (archives)

Thank you in advance

The only way to solved this Problem is to patch back to the patch before.
I also started experiencing this issue with the latest patch (POE v1.18.1) using Nvida drivers v516.40. Here is a showcase of it: https://youtu.be/JSZYR78VAd8

Switching vsync on and off temporarily appeared to fix the issue, but after alt-tabbing, the flickering came back.
Intresting, so it's the same as https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283201 but it also does it on DX12 ? Weird
Wow, can't believe this thread popped up. I've been having the same issue. Just updated to 516.40 and installed using DDU first as I always do.

Flashing/Flickering Black Screens. Some assets loaded, others not. Like I'll have a complete black screen, but the map will load up fine and I can see items and markings on the map (highlighted text).

It only does it in Vulkan though for me, DX11 and DX12 works fine.

But in Vulkan it Flashes and Flickers Black Screens. In-between the flickers or flashes you can see the rendered result. Sometimes the Black Screen pauses and stays black without flicker, but it mostly has been flickering.

Some weirdness to report is when I run my Laptop in Hybrid mode, Vulkan works fine (without the stated issues above), but as soon as I load up in Discrete mode Vulkan is borked with the stated issues appearing.

I'm not going to revert back to the previous driver because the other games I play the new driver is working butter smooth in.

If anyone knows how to make a video in Vulkan Renderer I'll record a quick one to show GGG to get this issue fixed. Unless a hotfix drops soon either on NVIDIA's end or GGG's.

Wow, just noticed your post @Enyxx, yeah that sounds about right.

Specs:

HP OMEN 17-ck1111nr
Intel Core i7-12700H
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
16GB DDR5 @ 4800MHz
1TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
Windows 11 Home
Last edited by BiG_StroOnZ on Jun 16, 2022, 11:02:55 PM
Exactly same problem here...ggg or nvidia sayd something about this? are they aware?
i reverted the drivers and its working fine now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info