Game wont create vulkan or dx12 shadercache folders so all mtx and most items are invisible

That I don't know. I don't know enough about the working of DX etc to be able to tell you. Have you tried clearing out the "local" shaders etc and seeing if rebuilding those completely will help? Or did you already do that part from your previous attempts?
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Already did that. It rebuilds itself when I restart my computer, but running POE does not actually modify the contents of the folders, just uses them(I don't know if poe is supposed to even modify them but just some info). I created a copy of the folders upon a restart, then ran a few maps in poe and compared the two and they were identical. I also manually deleted the /local/ folders, booted into safe mode, DDU'd my graphics driver and reinstalled. Made no difference.

If it's not a shader cache problem I don't even know where to look for information about things not rendering in game since that seems to be the only issue anyone's ever had that I can find.
Yeah, I am at a loss here bud. Wish I could help more. That's really the only thing I can think of where it may be pulling from rendering wise. And with you doing reinstalls etc already, I am really at a complete loss. You've pretty much done anything and everything I could/would have thought of doing as well.

This irks me, but I really can't do much more to try and help. :(

In the immortal words of Geralt "Fuck"
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Thanks for trying to help. I might just try reinstalling my OS or something. Something is messed up and I don't think I can figure it out
One last thing I just noticed is that running the game with DX11, resource monitor shows about 30 different files being accessed in the ShaderCacheD3D11 folder while idling in any zone.

When using Vulkan or DX12, only 1 file is being accessed from the local/vkcache, and local/dxcache. Seems pretty odd but I still dont know what it means.
I was having issues with Win 10 myself with the 5700xt and getting hard locks/DX errors causing driver failures etc with the AMD drivers so went with Win 11. I know that's probably not something you are looking into, nor do I recommend it, as Win 11 is still relatively new. It's getting there, but it's not there yet.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind going forward. Haven't had ANY issues since going to Win 11. <knocks on wood>

You know what I might try it again. Last time I tried win11 my complaints were minor things that I think have been fixed. Can always roll back if it doesn't help. Thanks
Yeah, a ton of the annoying little things have been fixed (You can FINALLY move the taskbar around, YAY!) . If you are up for it, give it whirl and see what happens.

Good luck mate!

Just to update since I have solved it. Fresh installing my OS fixed it. No idea why it happened.

Upgrading to Windows 11 didn't resolve it but the fresh install did the trick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info