Engine Multithreading Crashing

I am experiencing problems with Multithreading crashing the game. I have following all the standard support:

1. Verified files
2. Updated graphic drives
3. Increase windows page file size

I have tried all the different graphic options and still the same issue.

I can't understand why it's only my game causing the problem and my other friends can use it no problem:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2020/‎10/‎31
OS build 19044.1706
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Nvidia RX 2080 TI
Dual Screen - 1080p and 4K

Dump txt
User

Area
MapWorldsColonnade
Seed
Build
release tags/3.18.0e 196649
OSBits
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2023, 9:52:40 PM
Currently, PoE's engine multi-threading is somewhat bugged/broken. So I'm not surprised you are experiencing issues. Try disabling PoE's multi-t.

There were numerous posts regarding multi-t issues. One of those is where CPU graph goes completely mental. Huge spikes, lags, stuttering etc.. Once you disable it performance is stable yet worse.

This problem is present for probably 5 months or so if not more. Not a single dev answered or acknowledged this completely ignoring the problem. We don't even know if it will be fixed at all.

Multi-t issues seem to be more frequent among intel CPU users (like me) yet I've seen ryzen users suffer too.

So I guess all I can say, unfortunately, deal with it or turn it off.

Then again hey, after 6 years they have fixed mangled text :)
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
I been getting crashes with no errors or any event viewer reports recently after recent update, so I'm trying multithreading disabled atm on Ryzen 5800x but sadly the fps is awful with it when there is full screen of mobs
ryzen 5600x

last league (sentinel) i had no problems using multithreading and was running constant 144 fps locked, this league using multithreading the game just crash to desktop with no error so often like 10 times every hour or more, not playable. disable multithreading works but then my fps will be at like 60-50 and when screen is full of mobs it will drop to about 20-15
Last edited by Hjelpen93 on Sep 3, 2022, 4:56:06 AM
I'm on Ryzen 5950x and I have the same issue as you. I'm currently overclocking and it seems like with the Engine Multithreading option enabled, when Path tried to use more than a single core, it can't handle it so it shuts down. That's why the disabling resolves the issue because it's now limited to single core usage. However, single core usage is apparently not strong enough to maintain 144 FPS at 1080p (1440p for me, assuming 1080p for you).

This is just my theory and I don't have much knowledge on these processes. Just basing it off of common sense, which still could be wrong.
"
Faqterson wrote:
I am experiencing problems with Multithreading crashing the game. I have following all the standard support:

1. Verified files
2. Updated graphic drives
3. Increase windows page file size

I have tried all the different graphic options and still the same issue.

I can't understand why it's only my game causing the problem and my other friends can use it no problem:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Your CPU does not support Path of Exile (ANY Intel CPU won't support this game now, regardless of age.) It's time to upgrade.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Feb 2, 2023, 9:53:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info