Vaal Alternative Quality Gems and Tooltips

Dear Dears,

It's been more than a year since I reported the silly Tooltip management of GGG.
I want to bring to your attention something that is now causing extreme issues and confusion.
When you use Vaal orbs on skill gems it has a chance to make the gem a Vaal skill gem (if such a Vaal skill exists).
Apparently our beloved GGG has failed again to simply follow basic English gramma and explain tooltips properly. As you will see in the screenshot on the link below, it literally says "Flameblast" and "ANOMALOUS VAAL Flameblast" giving you the obvious hint that it's actually your VAAL skill that will have an alternative quality rather than the normal skill while in fact it's the other way around. In both cases it is incorrect. The alternate version gems should work for BOTH VAAL AND NORMAL skills of the gem. If this PROPER change would make too big of an impact to the game mechanics, I would very much like to see GGG fix this tooltip at least, because it's causing a lot of confusion - not only for this skill but for THE other alternate quality Vaal skills as well.
It's another failure caused by whoever deals with the Tooltips in this game. Been playing since 2013 and it's so disappointing for me that it's getting morally illegal to provide false information in the tooltips.

https://ibb.co/sVqshgC
Last edited by fostaa on Jun 12, 2022, 11:28:01 AM
Last bumped on Jan 12, 2024, 1:46:31 PM
the vaal side of the gem gets the alternate quality wording simply because that is the name that would show up on the ground.

also... you can simply read what the gem says to see it, you can very easily see the quality bonuses for each side of the gem and how only the regular side gets the alt quality bonus.
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
the vaal side of the gem gets the alternate quality wording simply because that is the name that would show up on the ground.

also... you can simply read what the gem says to see it, you can very easily see the quality bonuses for each side of the gem and how only the regular side gets the alt quality bonus.

Dude, I am not asking why is the water wet.
Can anyone from GGG please provide an adequate solution.
Last edited by fostaa on Jun 12, 2022, 5:59:47 PM
"
fostaa wrote:

Can anyone from GGG please provide an adequate solution.

No
There's nothing wrong here.
Still waiting for a response
this isnt the place to get a 'response' from ggg. if you think its an issue, put it in feedback + suggestions.

They intentionally made it so that the Vaal skills don't get the alternative qualities.
You will not get a response from GGG.
Apparently none of the people replied so far understood the meaning of my post.
I suggest take some time and read it in detail.
P.S. My post was moved to this section by a representative of GGG so I would expect a proper attention.

Still waiting for response.
Still waiting for a response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info