fullscreen resolution

my game runs extremly better on fullscreen, only problem is i cant put it to 1920x1080 its stuck on 1280x1024, whenever i try to change it it just wont allow me. i tried changing it in config file i nivida control panel, never works, pls help. tried both on steam and poe laucher
Last edited by poopydoopy3 on Jun 12, 2022, 2:55:22 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 1:08:28 PM
try switching the display mode from windowed full screen to fullscreen or the other way around.

the display modes got buggy around the times they started supporting the joystick folks.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Second to OP. Had the same problem since Sentinel launch. Never had anything like this before on my GTX980 TI.

Aside from 1920x1080 (native resolution), all other resolutions work fine. When set to 1920x1080, the game forces itself into a lower custom resolution and black borders appear.

Contrary to known issues, this affects all renderers, not just DX12.

Things I've tried:
- Update and fresh install Nvidia drivers
- Reinstall PoE
- Emptied all game caches
- Manually edit the config file for resolution and fullscreen settings
- Set config file to read-only
- Launched under full administrative rights
- Update all outdated drives

Not game breaking, but extremely inconvenient as performance is massively worse when in windowed fullscreen.

I hope GGG would give some update on this.

"
Biomaagi wrote:
Second to OP. Had the same problem since Sentinel launch. Never had anything like this before on my GTX980 TI.

Aside from 1920x1080 (native resolution), all other resolutions work fine. When set to 1920x1080, the game forces itself into a lower custom resolution and black borders appear.

Things I've tried:
- Reinstall PoE

Not game breaking, but extremely inconvenient as performance is massively worse when in windowed fullscreen.

my brother, EVERY SINGLE THING you listed i did.
i wasted 4 hours experimentig, only thing i managed is change all the options in config file, and it did work, but as soon is try to change 1 little thing in options or try to alt tab it forces lower resolution, also this works only on directx11 not on vulkan
You need to set POE's shortcut as "minimized" (in the shortcut properties), that's how i solved this problem when i used fullscreen.

You should not have the problem if you use "windowed fullscreen" though.

It seems POE always launch its launcher before the game (even it is disappears almost instantly).
That launcher's window seems to prevent the game from keeping its fullscreen state/resolution.
Last edited by MrVaad on Jun 13, 2022, 9:18:01 AM
"
You need to set POE's shortcut as "minimized" (in the shortcut properties), that's how i solved this problem when i used fullscreen.

Thank you for the tip, but it didn't work. Still doesn't accept setting resolution to 1920x1080. Before or after launching.

"
my brother, EVERY SINGLE THING you listed i did.
i wasted 4 hours experimentig, only thing i managed is change all the options in config file, and it did work, but as soon is try to change 1 little thing in options or try to alt tab it forces lower resolution, also this works only on directx11 not on vulkan

Damn. Which options did you change specifically?

resolution_width=1920
fullscreen=true
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
resolution_height=1080
texture_quality=5
make sure to to put game in fullscreen directx11 before closing the game and changing values in conifg file, thats how it worked for me, but its not permanent solution
"
Biomaagi wrote:

Things I've tried:
- Reinstall PoE

They don't care' 19/08/2022 problem still exist' last time i solved some all
but now anything that i do fix! really want to play the new league but as a Beta tester can't see this problem being fixed until PoE 2
I have excatly the same problem
I have the same problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info