PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Whole Computer Locks-Up

Running on Vulkan on low settings, just randomly playing and all of a sudden everything will lock up and I am unable to do anything on my computer after a minute or so, both my monitors will go black and I can't move my mouse or anything around 3-5 minutes I then can open task manager and close PoE and everything will be fine after that. I updated my Graphics Card and it seems to only happen to PoE.

GPU: AMD RX 580
RAM: 16GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT

EDIT: This seems to only happen on Vulkan.
Last edited by Cpfuzzy on Nov 7, 2022, 4:41:55 AM
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2022, 4:51:45 AM
sounds like a hardware issue to me, is your gpu/cpu overheating? all fans are doing fine? maybe clean dust in your pc (which you should do every year anyway)

another issue might be low voltage due to your power supply defecting, poe really stresses your hardware and can make those issues show up.

---

and it's a good idea to lookup window's system logs (application and program logs) for entries, as well as checking poe's logfile.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
sounds like a driver crash due to either overheating GPU or unstable factory overclock. Check notifications in AMD Adrenaline to see if there is note that wattman reset.

Clean your GPU first of all and if that still does not work most likely you have a factory OC model that is now unstable and can manually tweak the voltage and clocks in adrenaline.
Hi, is not from hardware.this happened to me few minutes ago.After few min in game, both my monitors going black then crash to desktop without any error.
"
yurihyuga wrote:
sounds like a driver crash due to either overheating GPU or unstable factory overclock. Check notifications in AMD Adrenaline to see if there is note that wattman reset.

Clean your GPU first of all and if that still does not work most likely you have a factory OC model that is now unstable and can manually tweak the voltage and clocks in adrenaline.

The computer is clean at the moment, there is nothing in AMD Adrenaline about a GPU crash or anything. Also, I am not over-clocking and everything else runs fine besides PoE other demanding games and even benchmarking.
"
exi88 wrote:
Hi, is not from hardware.this happened to me few minutes ago.After few min in game, both my monitors going black then crash to desktop without any error.

You also have an AMD? When you crash, does it take a while for you to use your computer again from the black screen?
Just happened again :/
Known issues that many people are having problem with. GGG has yet to comment on or fix the issue.
This is sadly still happening on Vulkan
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
This is sadly still happening on Vulkan

the change to DX11 or DX12.

This is my PC -->
AMD 5800x, 32GB 3600 MHz ram, Asus TUF OC 3070Ti, Samsung 980-Pro 1TB Gen4 NVME SSD

I have no problems running PoE with Vulcan so could be a PSU issue or something liek that....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info