Update 3.18.0e Crash No Error Message Repeatedly

well, damn. i never ever expected that i need to turn off smt just to play
Also having the same issue with 980 ti and a i7 processor 16 gb of ram.
Every time there is a patch, the game insta crash to desktop.:@@@
Update: tried disabling SMT (well, pinning the process to physical (even-numbered) cpu cores). Seems to mitigate crashing about as well as disabling engine multithreading, i.e. a bit but not well enough.

Any acknowledgement from GGG regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated, and as I've said before if more info is needed then I will happily provide it.
SOLVED

Same problem.
Ryzen 1500X, 16GB DDR4, GTX1050ti, OS linux mint.
Randomly crashes every 5-15 minutes. Especially in the moments when some UI menu closes (tooltip on item for example).

I solved this by disabling SMT in BIOS

I didn't disable multithreating in ingame settings.

Last edited by ximmel on Jun 9, 2022, 5:19:00 PM
probably going to get fixed... next league

Last edited by internet_TOUGH_GUY_123456 on Jun 11, 2022, 7:03:51 PM
same here, amd ryzen1700
Last edited by karlicious on Jun 12, 2022, 3:08:52 PM
Game completely unplayable. No error msgs.

I shouldn't have to alter all of my system settings to play a goddamn game.

Diablo Immortal is at least playable on PC. With as much of a cash cow this game is on mtx it should be better optimized.
"
I solved this by disabling SMT in BIOS

Ryzen 1500X, 16GB DDR4, GTX1050ti, OS linux mint.
Randomly crashes every 5-15 minutes. Especially in the moments when some UI menu closes (tooltip on item for example).

I didn't disable multi-threading in in-game settings.

Disabling SMT in BIOS has also fixed crashing for me

I spent days of trying nearly everything else possible, and disabling SMT is the only thing that worked. Disabling multithreading in the in-game settings had little or no impact on crash frequency.

I went from multiple crashes an hour before disabling SMT, to having only 1 crash in the last 3 days after disabling SMT. That one crash I did have was at the tail-end of a long session, so I'm guessing that came down to some general GPU memory leak.

The downside to disabling SMT is that now your PC has half the available threads. So in my case I went from 16->8 threads. I have not noticed any performance differences, but if you do lots of video encoding you might notice the loss of threads.

TLDR; Go into your bios, try disabling SMT under CPU features.

-------------------
Host: MS-7A33 2.0
Kernel: 5.15.0-37-generic
Resolution: 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1080
DE: GNOME 42.1
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8) @ 3.000GHz
GPU_0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
GPU_1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Memory: 32 GB
Man it's discouraging to read all these issues with Ryzen and not a single piece of input from GGG. It's been almost two weeks since the thread began.

Gonna try turning off multi-threading, however it seems to be a stupid solution to a problem that shouldn't exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info