Game doesn't let me have the 1920x1080 resolution and changes to a random custom one

So.. I've always played with windowed mode and 1920x1080 res.. Today I tried to log in and the game doesn't let me play like that and I can't have it on all the screen because of that so I would like to understand what to do.. because when I put it fullscreen it doesn't let me alt+tab to change music on youtube etc.
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2022, 3:15:36 AM
There are already several posts about this, GGG has not replied to any of them and nobody else has found a way to fix it either. As it hasn't been fixed already we kinda just have to hope it gets fixed with next leagues update, if it doesn't then we are likely just screwed for the next few years unless Reddit decides to blow up the issue.
No idea whats the problem is since it doesn't affect me but generic solutions are:

C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

Open production_Config.ini file with notepad. Under DISPLAY there are:

resolution_width=
fullscreen=false
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
resolution_height=

fullscreen=false
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
the game will open in windowed mode (not borderless-windowed). Save the changes. You can try to right click production_Config.ini and set that file to Read Only, but any changes you'll make in-game setting will not save if Read Only is turned on.

Sometimes you can add -windowed to game's shortcut to open the game in windowed mode.

I myself play on windowed mode (PoE on half of the screen) and I've made AHK script to resize and move PoE windows to specific location so I don't have to it manually ever time I launch the game.

Run, PathOfExile_x64.exe

Sleep, 4500

WinMove, Path of Exile, , -10, 0, 1940, 600, ,
a possible way to solve it is to install drivers for your monitor and/or make sure our monitor is correctly identified by windows.

"
pitbullls wrote:
So.. I've always played with windowed mode and 1920x1080 res.. Today I tried to log in and the game doesn't let me play like that and I can't have it on all the screen because of that so I would like to understand what to do.. because when I put it fullscreen it doesn't let me alt+tab to change music on youtube etc.

Did you fixed? i have the same problem and can't fix :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info