Gloom Shrine cause predictable fps issue

Normally my rig can keep static 75 (capped) FPS. Since 3.18 Gloom shrine cause terrible fps loss, it detected as 55 fps but feels rather like 10 fps.
notice the 33ms CPU delay while normally it's around 7ms.

The issue occurs a minute later after activating the shrine or about 800 killed monsters later.
The issue instantly gone if the shrine is canceled or expired.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on May 30, 2022, 4:16:17 PM
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2022, 5:41:03 AM
As always someone has reported the thread and support instantly moved it to a different subforum for whatever reason. This behavior is so incredibly discouraging, this ensures me you totally don't care about the product quality.

THE SHRINE is the issue not my PC.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 2, 2022, 4:25:36 AM
It's very clearly a code problem (bug). I've also experienced this same situation with gloom shrines and I've encountered this with a few other mechanics. Something about the Tropical Island map, for example also triggers this behavior.

I think this may have something to do with the ratios between graphical render fps, game client internal fps, and server tick rate. Speculation, but I think the server runs at no more than 30 fps. Try limiting your game fps to 60 and target framerate to 29 or 30. I believe if the ratio of render bottleneck vs server ticks is too high, hefty cpu calculations (large packs, gore, exploding mobs, etc) cause a more significant drop in overall render performance as pipeline latency increases.
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on May 31, 2022, 10:06:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info