Controller on PC - how to bind LT+RT menu?

I'm currently trying out controller for the first time, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to bind anything to the LT+RT context menu shown under the skills in the bottom right.

Currently its got a binding for the Sentinel league mechanic:

When you press B it then changes the menu to the following:

Which then allows you to either activate the sentinels you have equipped or open the sentinel controller. However, this feels a bit clunky to have to hold LT+RT, hit B, and then hit B/X to activate sentinels. Why can't I just adjust the bindings and eliminate the middle step altogether? I'd much rather just bind them directly with the LT+RT context menu
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2024, 9:21:44 PM
Bumping this to the top as it just got moved over from Help to Technical Support.
Love that a GGG employee looked at this enough to move it from Help to Technical Support, yet couldn't take the extra minute to actually attempt to address or respond in any way.

sigh Bump
Please I spent so much time to figure it out but it seems we can't bind anything to lt+rt. Why ??
It seems like this hotbar extension was created to address the "awkwardness" of the old league mechanic controller keybind -- which is a very good thing, that was horrendous -- but the opportunity to make it fully bindable wasn't taken. At least "not yet." Can always blindly hope.

AFAIK, you're still restricted to the three banks of four for general binding. And yes, that's far too little for a lot of builds, especially when you consider *not* binding the interaction key and needing to reserve a few spots for dynamite/flares/etc. if you use those mechanics with any regularity.

LT+RT+B -> X/Y/B is ugly, but it's a heck of a lot better than what we would have had if it had still been rooted in click-holding a stick and pressing select/view/whatever. At least you can still move, anyway.

But yeah, a big +1 to making this bindable.
This still seems to be a limitation and hoping GGG will address this soon. Kinda upsetting since currently, I have to rebind certain buffs manually just to activate them if I accidentally remove a piece of gear or die.

Even more annoying when playing on the Steam Deck and not having even more buttons available that just don't do anything nor can be mapped to anything.

Also posting on this thread in the hopes that this eventually gets addressed. Delving is awkward and it would be nice to be able to put my auras behind this keybinding.
You cannot bind anything to LT/L2 + RT/R2. That's exclusviely used for league mechanics.
I'd like to +1 this too.

Although playing on PC, I prefer a gamepad for comfort reason > couching instead of desking.

Not all leagues need/have mechanics which need a button. (could be temporaily given for use? notifying players if yes or no?)

Or at least use mechanics with the arrows only?
Giving access to the 4 main buttons on the right.

Thank you for considering.
Did they ever make this bindable? Having 12 total skills on a controller kinda sucks. Especially when factoring needing a second slot JUST for Vaal skills :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info