Sudden Lag + Crashes

I have been mostly fine since the start of Sentinel league. But around 11am-12pm today (May 18th), i started lagging all of a sudden and crashed. Now i frequently crash and sometimes cannot even get past the character selection screen.

I know this is not my PC because i was running the game flawlessly before. I have an i7 11k series and a 3070 GTX and from what I can tell they haven't had issues running the game, yet all of sudden I'm encountering error messages.

I'm unsure if there was some update or patch put into place during the day, but this has completely halted my progress, and in such a rapidly evolving league, it is extremely frustrating to see others keep marching ahead while I can barely do a few maps in an hour or two.
Last edited by pjpotter on May 19, 2022, 11:21:52 PM
Last bumped on May 26, 2022, 12:35:27 PM
Can someone please help me with this issue? This is getting worse and making the game nearly unplayable. I am getting further and further behind in the league because of this issue....

This is the error message I am receiving

Furthermore, I used the installer to "repair," the installation only to then not be able to make it past the login screen without crashing. Then I decided to reinstall the game completely. I was fine for about 5 hours and now it is starting, and quickly becoming worse. Is there anyone who has experienced this?
Last edited by pjpotter on May 19, 2022, 11:23:50 PM
"
pjpotter wrote:
Can someone please help me with this issue? This is getting worse and making the game nearly unplayable. I am getting further and further behind in the league because of this issue....

Furthermore, I used the installer to "repair," the installation only to then not be able to make it past the login screen without crashing. Then I decided to reinstall the game completely. I was fine for about 5 hours and now it is starting, and quickly becoming worse. Is there anyone who has experienced this?

PoE can't work when it's files keep getting "sycronised" by Onedrive.
You will need to make sure that Onedrive isn't "sycronising ANY files in PoE directories like -->

C:\Users\"your windows account name"\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\
C:\Users\"your windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\

If you isn't using Onedrive then you should remove it from your pc.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
pjpotter wrote:

PoE can't work when it's files keep getting "sycronised" by Onedrive.
You will need to make sure that Onedrive isn't "sycronising ANY files in PoE directories like -->

C:\Users\"your windows account name"\AppData\Roaming\Path of Exile\
C:\Users\"your windows account name"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile
C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\

If you isn't using Onedrive then you should remove it from your pc.

I removed OneDrive and everything seemed to be okay, but then the issue started up again, with a new error message.

I noticed this is happening a lot when I would tab out to look at the trade site or use Awakened PoE. Another time I commonly crash is changing the video settings windowed to full windowed AND / OR fullscreen (I've tried both - I've crashed 10+ times in the last 5 minutes).
Last edited by pjpotter on May 20, 2022, 6:44:11 AM
I get sudden lag and crashes (spnning wheel of death) on certain maps and bosses mud flats, old fields, a5 kitava).

I built a counterattack glad so that I could survive the freezes but it wasnt enough to get me through a5 kitava because of his degen + xslam.

This is since 3.17a played game perfectly before that.
reinstall windows, dont ever use onedrive on gaming machine (sync could bug out all your applications installed), install latest gpu drivers, also update directx libraries using dxwebsetup tool (just google it)

the one more reason could be faulty gpu or drivers, try to use DDU to uninstall drivers completely and install latest one using your hands and not drivers auto update garbage utilities, if it doesnt help then try underclock gpu and see what happens (popular solution for your error), and again update directx lib
Last edited by superiorhelox on May 20, 2022, 8:04:04 AM
So none of these solutions have worked. I am still crashing. I can now stay in fullscreen but if i try to use awakened PoE i will crash, or if i try to alt tab to price check or do anything, i will crash when i open PoE back up. For a game that makes these actions extremely necessary, i am getting aggravated that I have barely been able to play for the last few days.

Also this was never a problem until this league. After troubleshooting, repairing my installation, reinstalling, updating and fixing my drivers along with following all of the other suggestions there has barely been any improvement. I just dont understand why this is happening to me....
Last edited by pjpotter on May 26, 2022, 12:39:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info