Hydrosphere Enchantment

Hi, guys.
I got the Enemies Drenched by Hydrosphere have Cold and Lightning Exposure, applying -6% to Resistances enchantment on my helmet. Also I 'm using the Hydrosphere skill of course.
Now the question : will I get -6% cold resistances on the monsters by simply dropping the Hydrosphere on them? Or should I freeze / shock it to apply that -6% cold res debuff? Thanks
Last bumped on May 18, 2022, 10:28:20 PM
"
The sphere continually applies a drenched debuff with a short duration to enemies in its area or those it moves through.
No it doesn't require you to inflict ailments on it.

On a related note, I suggest updating the wording of this enchantment
"
Enemies Drenched by Hydrosphere have Cold and Lightning Exposure, applying -6% to Resistances
since Hydrosphere has inherent property
"
Drenched Enemies have Cold and Lightning Exposure, applying -10% to Resistances
if the wording was correct, a stronger Exposure from regular Hydrosphere would just take priority as a stronger one, which would make the enchantment useless.

Suggested wording is
"
Enemies Drenched by Hydrosphere have Cold and Lightning Exposure, applying an extra -6% to Resistances
So does the enchantment adds EXPOSURE or -6% Resistances (like Frosbite gem, for example)? I'm confused

If I have FrostBomb then this enchantement is useless for me. Correct?
Last edited by Garfunkel on May 18, 2022, 11:55:09 AM
"
Garfunkel wrote:
So does the enchantment adds EXPOSURE or -6% Resistances (like Frosbite gem, for example)? I'm confused

If I have FrostBomb then this enchantement is useless for me. Correct?
The enchantment makes the exposure from Hydrosphere stronger. I just noted the wording is incorrect a bit, don't read too much into it.

So both skills Hydrosphere and Frost Bomb lower resistances via Exposure debuff. As many debuffs they don't stack, only the stronger applies.

Frost Bomb's has "Cold Exposure applies -15% to Cold Resistance"

Hydrosphere's has "Cold and Lightning Exposure apply -10% to Resistances"

Enchanted Hydrosphere's Exposure is "Cold and Lightning Exposure apply -16% to Resistances"

So if your damage is purely cold, enchanted Hydrosphere exposure is a little bit stronger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info