What's my Saboteur mine damage ?

Hi all

I have upload a miner (exsanguination/reap) in Path of building. I have make a configuration to have the damage of only one explosion with only one active mine. For now, PoB show me 210 432 Dps for exsanguinate and 459 961 for Reap. I have 229% detonation speed but it doesn't change the DPS. I try to test with 100%, 50%, even 0% and the DPS don't change. So i wanted to know what's my real DPS with my build.

Thanks in advance
Last bumped on May 18, 2022, 7:23:02 AM
As far as I understand, Throwing Speed is the important stat for mine DPS. Detonation Speed won't make you do more damage - it just decreases the delay.
The wiki says detonation speed help to calculate the mine detonation time. The more detonation time = less time to detonate all my mines so its sound like "more damage" am i wrong ?
Detonation speed matters for the time during which your throwing speed exceeds the current detonation rate, because during that time you will be limited by your maximum mines.

However, if you detonate your mines too fast, you will not have long detonation chains that grant a damage bonus if you use Blastchain Mine Support.

It would be theoretically possible to optimise this, but calculating the detonation chain is not implemented as a feature in Path of Building.

Since the detonation rate ramps up as more mines are detonated, the ideal way to use it is after some mines have been placed but not your maximum, continuing to throw mines to the point that it barely reaches the maximum mines and then eventually detonates the mines faster than you can throw them.

So overall, your throwing speed is the bottleneck, but you can improve your detonation speed to have longer detonation chains.

Incidentally, the formula for mine detonation time on the wiki is wrong, so I would not rely on it too much.
I see.. but i'm lost ^^

I don't know what to do now. My exsanguinate (Lvl 27) is very very good at clearing. In less than 2 sec, i throw and explode 20 mines that can hit 20 target each. I can't do long detonation sequence but it's really not necessary at all. For that i have many medium clusters with chance to throw 1 more mine and chance to re-detonate mine and swift assembly. My throwing speed is very decent.

It's hard to say if my gameplay can be better or not. Is it possible to be powerfull with mines without do detonation sequence ? If not, do i have to lower my detonation speed (easy) or augment my mine throwing speed (hard because i've take everythings i can and i can have a little more with craft but my Pob show that its make a little boost but nothing crazy) ?

My reap setup (Lvl 27 too) is very good. I used high impact mine with reap because i have a Kulemak Cane that give me very high chance to Dmg x2 while focus so near the first half of my maximum mines do double damage but once again, i can't do detonation sequence.
Getting long detonation chains matters against bosses. Going from 20 to 40 mines in a chain would improve your dps by about 33% if you use Blastchain Mine Support.

While clearing, it is not unusual to have 5 or 10 mines clear a screen full of enemies.

For High-Impact Mines, you would generally want your current mine count to be as high as possible for as long as possible rather than optimising the total length of the detonation chain, though they are likely to work out roughly the same.

It is worth noting however that the bonus from High-Impact Mines is additive with the chance to deal double damage from other sources, whereas the bonus from Blastchain Mines is multiplicative. Thus it is actually less efficient to stack additional chance to deal double damage rather than a generic more damage modifier.

That said, you lose less damage from shorter detonation chains with High-Impact Mine setups, although that does not necessarily mean that the total damage is higher.
Yep, i remember a character with icicle mine. With it, i could make detonation sequence. I don't know why i don't succeed to do the same with Exsanguinate/Reap. Maybe my clusters ? I have 4 "Expert Sabotage/Expendability". I could take mod that boost mine throwing speed instead ? Actually my mine throwing speed have a bonus of 151% Is it too low ?
?
"
Yep, i remember a character with icicle mine. With it, i could make detonation sequence. I don't know why i don't succeed to do the same with Exsanguinate/Reap. Maybe my clusters ? I have 4 "Expert Sabotage/Expendability". I could take mod that boost mine throwing speed instead ? Actually my mine throwing speed have a bonus of 151% Is it too low ?
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info