Path of Exile Controller Support (MacOS)

Hi, I read in an announcement for the controller support beta feature about a month ago that this feature will not come to MacOS.

In the 3.18 announcement it stated there would be full support for PC players. Does this mean MacOS controller support is also not available for the league?

TIA before deciding whether to get a controller.
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2024, 8:58:31 PM
Yeah, I'm on mac-os too. :(
Hopefully this is underwork?
Just got a PS5 controller on the Mac and it is not available at all. I just assumed it would work since it's out for PS4. Silly me. Hope it works soon.
Any idea on a timeline when this will be implemented GGG?
Mac and run PC based software in emulation mode seems a cancer....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I am also looking for this feature, hope it becomes real
I would also love to have controller support for MacOS. Any plans on supporting this in the (near) future?
That would be awesome, please add Controller support for MacOS!
any updates?

Tried to use DualSense on Mac (M1) - no other type of input in the options.

and btw Steam page is telling us that there's full controller support. shame on you.

so downloaded it, wasted 30-40 mins to get it to work, searched trough reddit, and these forums - no support for PS5 controller on mac. even no beta feature, neither in Steam nor in the standalone client.
a YEAR has already passed since this beta feature announcement!

dropped it, better to play d3 and wait for d4
Last edited by Str1FF on Apr 22, 2023, 11:30:08 AM
I've managed to get controller support working on my MacBook M1, by installing the Windows version of PoE via https://github.com/IsaacMarovitz/Whisky and configuring PoE to use the DirectX 12 renderer.

Unfortunately, PoE suffers from a lot of stutter when running from Wine, which I've not been able to remedy, so right now, this is not a viable solution.

Official controller support in the MacOS version would be so nice. I really like the feel of it.

It's unfortunate that GGG is not responding to any questions regarding this. I would love to know if they are planning to add it and if yes, when.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info