Support idea: Null and Void support.

Hey I know this never really get acknowledged, but I feel this support would offer a lot of new variety when it comes to builds.

Null and void support:

Support skills deals 9-29% more damage with hits and ailments (or 0-19%)

Elemental conversion from supported skills are removed.

I feel it's a unique idea that currently isn't in the game and would offer a large amount of potential without being totally busted.

Edit:
I know the idea of stuff like this was said as backwards conversion which would lead to a lot of scaling issues.
But removing completely avoids that issue and would allow like impale ice crash, poison storm burst wo lightning poison etc. To be viable fun builds
Last edited by TheGodAmongMen on Apr 28, 2022, 11:22:51 PM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2022, 11:18:47 PM
I don't think GGG accepts player suggestions.

Additionally, I think you're seeing more benefit to this than there is.

For example, Ice Crash would be a really bad impale skill, as impale scales best with attack speed. The old slam-impaler-call of steel interaction was removed, so slam skills are just bad for impale.

Also... let's suppose for a moment that it *wasn't* bad. Why would you do Ice Crash over Ground Slam or Earthshatter or Earthquake? There are already lots of phys slams, why turn Ice Crash back into phys?

Next up, storm burst poison... why would it be *better* to keep it as phys and poison that way, rather than just using one of the three or four methods that let your lightning damage poison? At the cost of a support gem, I might add.

I really don't think "turn off elemental conversion" is a thing GGG will ever do. "turn off ALL conversion" is slightly more likely, but still super unlikely.

I also don't think they would do this as a support gem. It's far more likely to be a giga-rare league unique. Think "Replica Xoph's Blood".

A couple things...

1. Ice crash is great with attack speed.

2. Poison storm burst was just an example and the very clear reason is freeing up gear slots/being able to use different things besides the mandatory few items.
And it's not at the cost of a support gem, this support gem is basically on par with other supports from damage alone.

GGG has taken player suggestions tons of times since this game started, I've been here since the beginning.
It's not like I'm looking for credit etc.

Also the issue ggg has had with stuff similar to this is in the past people asked for backwards conversions which have issues when you account for having both say fire to lightning and lightning to fire conversion.
While this doesn't have those issues.

It's literally just a support that would enable a ton more build variety which is literally what poe is about.
You say "why would you do this over this" acting like every single person here only plays the best skills or meta when that's not true in the slightest lots of us like to mess around with fringe or niche builds.

This support would be in no ways "broken" and should be a fairly simple addition.
There's no harm in making these posts at the odd chance it sticks.
"
A couple things...

1. Ice crash is great with attack speed.

Sure, but it *has* terrible attack speed. You get 30% less attack speed with it than with any basic 1x AS skill, and even more less than "fast" skills.

"
2. Poison storm burst was just an example and the very clear reason is freeing up gear slots/being able to use different things besides the mandatory few items.
And it's not at the cost of a support gem, this support gem is basically on par with other supports from damage alone.

[Removed by Support] "Utility" gems cap out at much lower numbers. This would count as "utility" gem.

Also, they basically never make gems that support *everything*, damage-wise. This isn't restricted to attacks, or spells, or minions, or fire stuff, or skills that have conversion. It would definitely have some restrictions if they actually made it.

"

Also the issue ggg has had with stuff similar to this is in the past people asked for backwards conversions which have issues when you account for having both say fire to lightning and lightning to fire conversion.
While this doesn't have those issues.

No, but it probably has lots of other issues. Not the least of which is that it would probably be a royal pain in the neck to code without breaking all sorts of stuff, because you specifically want it to override native conversion. Right now, on-gem native conversion can't be overridden. Depending on how they've coded that, it might make this support gem a nightmare to code.

"
It's literally just a support that would enable a ton more build variety which is literally what poe is about.

What would build would it *enable*?

You can already play poison with conversion skills, you just have to use a gear slot.

You can already play impale slams, just not with Ice Crash (or Tec Slam).

I'm not aware of a single build this *enables*. It appears to simply make it easier to do certain things.

It might *technically* enable certain things, but those are stretches. Like "impale ice crash". If you want that play style, it's already in the game. You just need to use a phys slam instead of the only cold one. There are like four to choose from.

The whole idea smacks of "a solution in search of a problem".

"

You say "why would you do this over this" acting like every single person here only plays the best skills or meta when that's not true in the slightest lots of us like to mess around with fringe or niche builds.

I've toyed around with *plenty* of fringe or niche builds. I've deleted more level 85+ characters than most players have ever made.

If the build is crap, then it doesn't need this new support gem. You can do *nearly* anything in PoE, if you don't care whether it's good.

You're also countering your own argument. You're like "it doesn't have to be good" but also like "I need this so I don't have to wear those crappy gloves".

"
This support would be in no ways "broken" and should be a fairly simple addition.
There's no harm in making these posts at the odd chance it sticks.

I never said there was harm in making the post.

I just like to be a realist. There's a less than 0.1% chance that they actually make this support gem due to your post. If it ever does come out, it's far more likely that someone at GGG already had a similar idea long before you ever thought of it.

If you want to fantasize, that's fine. But don't leave other people with the impression that GGG actually makes stuff fans suggest (other than really obvious stuff they were making already), with the exception of div cards and uniques, both of which are only available under *very* narrow circumstances.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Apr 28, 2022, 10:52:01 PM
Don't feel like typing out a ton of replys, but it's not only about poison or bleed versions of skills that exist you can also strip conversion for impale etc. Like impale molten strike, lightning strike etc...

I literally gave 2 fringe examples man, and while conversion poison builds exist the items that make them possible are kinda trash even in comparison to like okay rares nowadays.

And yes pretty sure I stated the damage numbers could be 0-19% or whatever in the post numerical values would be easy to change.

Also I really don't think this would be a hard thing to code in the game man, would be pretty simple honestly in comparison to the other things they code in each league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info