XBOX Controller not being detected in Controller Beta

I have tried a PS5 controller and now XBOX controller and both are not being recognized by POE while trying to play on PC.

I have tried the following:

Closed steam, removed controller from input devices on pc.

Opened steam, put into big picture mode, then launched POE, connected controller via usb, still says please connect controller and press A. Press A nothing happens.

Tried all my usb ports and still nothing.

Tried the same way with bluetooth as well and still same result.

Tried leaving controller connected and starting steam not in big picture mode and still same result of please connect controller and press A. Press A nothing happens.

Both controllers I can see locally and work with any other game that supports controller even using bluetooth.

Last bumped on Jun 7, 2022, 3:00:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hey there, I had the same issue. Make sure Steam's controller config isn't automatically selecting a non-gamepad control scheme. Mine was emulating keyboard keys and that somehow made it not be detected as a controller. Choose the Gamepad from Template controls to fix that
"
Crithion wrote:
Hey there, I had the same issue. Make sure Steam's controller config isn't automatically selecting a non-gamepad control scheme. Mine was emulating keyboard keys and that somehow made it not be detected as a controller. Choose the Gamepad from Template controls to fix that

€: This worked for me. Originally found here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3258021

1. Go into Steam Big Picture.
2. Go to Library and choose Poe.
3. Go into Manage Game.
4. Go inte controller configuration and choose "Browse Configs".
5. Press templates and choose Gamepad then Apply configuration.
Last edited by HUSOZERFICKER on Mar 28, 2022, 1:53:15 PM
I do not play POE through Steam and I also have the same issue; POE does not see my wireless XBox controller which is attached to my computer via bluetooth. Any suggestions?
I am having this same issue, Xbox controller shows connected locally, open up POE and nothing it won't show it at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info