Can't change input method to controller beta

Using a PS5 official controller with Steam (also launched the game with steam big picture to check)

When going into the menu I can't change the input method to controller(beta).

Whenever I am trying, it just remains on Keyboard and Mouse after selecting "controller(beta)".

Upon choosing "Controller(beta)", a popup window appears up right on the screen saying "Input Method set to Mouse&Keyboard" (even tho I clicked on controller) CONTROLLER DISCONNECTED.

The controller disconnected part is odd because the controller is in fact connected and records input altough "keyboard input". Directionnal arrows act as buttons 1234 and X square Triangle circle act as space, r, f and e.
Right joystick and pad work as mouse so I can effectively navigate the menu with the controller which is apparently "disconnected".

However it works perfectly fine on every other games so it's clearly localized to PoE only. I'd really like to try the beta, any hint on what could cause that?

Edit : My friend tried with a Gamecube controller and it works. I tried and it doesn't, so it seems there's a specific reason why no controller is detected, like at all
Last edited by Cmagik on Mar 21, 2022, 8:18:14 AM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2022, 1:11:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm going to go ahead and bump this - I've tried with a number of different controllers I have lying around (Steam Controller, Nintendo Switch Pro, and Stadia) and have seen the same issue as OP. Just in case it matters I'll add that I am running the game through Steam.
+1, Doesn't work with steam deck.
Same for me. Tried with the Xbox One and PS5 controller.

This is with the steam version. Will try the standalone later.
Last edited by Xijek on Mar 21, 2022, 1:01:55 PM
I use a Xbox Elite V2 controller and i had the same issue.
The way i got it working on the steam version was:

1. Go into Steam Big Picture.
2. Go to Library and choose Poe.
3. Go into Manage Game.
4. Go inte controller configuration and choose "Browse Configs".
5. Press templates and choose Gamepad then Apply configuration.

After this my game started accepting me changing to Gamepad in the options meny.
"
I use a Xbox Elite V2 controller and i had the same issue.
The way i got it working on the steam version was:

1. Go into Steam Big Picture.
2. Go to Library and choose Poe.
3. Go into Manage Game.
4. Go inte controller configuration and choose "Browse Configs".
5. Press templates and choose Gamepad then Apply configuration.

After this my game started accepting me changing to Gamepad in the options meny.

This worked! Ty
Last edited by Juliett on Mar 22, 2022, 1:12:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info