Should i upgrade my Monitor? ( A topic to guide and similar folks as well)

So i have 8 year old Dell s2340L - Very very good quality picture IPS monitor - 23 inches, with 178/178 angles and glass screen.

The contrast and the glass makes the screen very natural colourwise and similar to the old flatscreen tv-s.

Its 60hz , but thats absolutely enough for me for now.

I got decent machine:
MSI 3060Ti Gaming-Z( not fkn tie like that moron from Ngreedia calls it..)
Asus x570 Plus Motherboard
2x8gb 3200mhz kingston ram sticks
Ryzen 3700x OC to 4.35ghz all cores
Bequiet Dark Rock pro4 cooler ( German quality is superb)
Seasonic 750w silver power supply. ( works for 5 years now without a hinch of a problem..)

I've looked to a certain monitor and its decent, but idk if i should bother upgrading my current one. My next choise is Dell 2721DGFA.

You can share ur monitor stories or give us ur opinion.
Last edited by SneakySanta on Mar 19, 2022, 3:12:29 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2022, 8:25:58 AM
Heh. Upgraded to new gaming rigs for teh missus and myself, ASUS machines. Had the perfectly good, old ASUS monitors from our old machines, plugged 'em in and- No joy. After much research and a very unsatisfactory call with ASUS customer support ("You need to return you computers to where you bought them"), I discovered that, in spite of having the necessary port for the old monitor cable, there was NOTHING attached to it inside the case. Was obligated to buy new monitors (not ASUS). =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I suppose with anything really in the upgrade area, if you can afford it, of course you should.

If there are other things that you need to use funds on, most of the time you can delay for awhile, and not see too much of an issue.

For branding I've always had good luck with ASUS gaming monitors, but I've heard some folks with horror stories.

Dell is also pretty good (alienware), and if money isnt the issue, then there are some really insane curved versions that will blow you away.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
For Monitors I mostly only upgrade once one my two stops working.
Most of the times its the second monitor, so I get a new main monitor.

That way I was going from a pretty cheap 1080p flat screen to an EIZO IPS Screen and last year I got me an ASUS 4k 144Hz badass.

Gotta say that I didn't have any issues up to the new ASUS one that had terrible lighting issues, so I had to return it once. The second one is fine tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info