Feedback on Controller bindings

Tested out controller support for a while and wanted to give some feedback:

Possible bugs:
- When on the equipment screen, pressing and holding Right Stick then pressing Right Trigger doesn't swap to the other weapon slot, but holding Right Trigger and then pressing Right Trigger does. (Suggestion: Make this press and hold right trigger to switch anyway, or some other press and hold key. That's what I would've expected)

Unnatural/uncomfortable bindings:

1) Not having B close menus feels SUPER weird. On some menus B does close them, but on things like inventory it doesn't.
I get that currently, B is bound to other actions so this isn't a straightforward change. I think there's a large underutilization of the "press and hold" paradigm though. For example, on the inventory menu, instead of having A be equip and Y be pick up, make A be equip and press and hold A be pick up. That frees up Y to be Sockets (where B is currently used), and then B could close the menu.

I think utilizing press and hold more would also address issues in the next piece of feedback regarding LS/RS + Button combos.

2) There's a lot of dependence on using Left Stick/Right Stick in combo with another button.
I find the Atlas bindings especially clunky (Left Stick and a DPad button), I can't think of a controller where the DPad and Left Stick aren't used by the same thumb, making that combo exceptionally hard to press with a natural controller grip.

I don't think I've seen any other game with a Right Stick/Left Stick + another button combo. Pressing a stick is already a difficult button press when compared to other face buttons, so usually they're standalone actions.
IGN: Tytanium
Last edited by Tytanium on Mar 15, 2022, 8:46:12 PM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2022, 8:45:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info