Death Penalty

I know this isn't a new topic, I have seen this conversation in other places around the digital world, but as a new player I wanted to submit my feedback.

I know other people have different opinions, but this is mine, and as it's mine, it can't be wrong.

It's not fun with a death penalty. If there was a way to recover your body, like Nioh for instance, I would not have a problem with this. It forces players like me to play overly safe - running much easier content in order to prevent a death until you hit the next plateau. Earlier in my leveling it wasn't as much a big deal, but as the levels increased, so did the time it takes to make that XP back after a death.

The limited number of portals in maps already provides a cap on the number of attempts within the map. Shouldn't this be sufficient enough?

I really like the concept of your endgame, it beats Diablo 3 by a mile in content which I have played many many hours. That being said, I prefer Diablo's endgame. When you hit the wall and die, you go find more gear, tweak your build and try again. Perfect. In POE, you hit the wall, die, lose two play sessions of leveling, and can't upgrade your gear, because the base level you need to upgrade your gear drops beyond your wall.

If this is meant as a mechanic for player retention, it's done the opposite for me. While I just spent about $50 on the game for stash tabs, I don't know if I will continue much longer. Its a shame, I really like everything else in the game. (Still feel like i got my money's worth).
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2022, 11:43:50 AM
You're not an addict. This game caters to the addicts.

You're either running around instantly killing everything with your uber powerful one-shot super skills, or you're being instantly killed by the bosses uber powerful one-shot super skills.

Theres just no fun there for the regular person.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info