Failed to connect to instance

I started playing PoE around ritual league (maybe abit earlier), ever since i started i had disconnection problems, most of the time with the message "failed to connect to instance" sometime with the message "the operation requires you to be logged in". the disconnects are getting worse with every league.
in previous leagues when i get d/ced when entering a map i would lose the portal (lost me more boss encounters than i can count) however, in this league the portal seems to remain but the d/cs are much more frequent.
running any type of content is impossible, doing lab is just miserable (lost about 20 offerings because of d/cs) end game bosses is simply impossible.

i tried pretty much all suggested solutions i found:
- replaced my internet supplier
- upgraded my computer specs
- uninstalled and reinstalled the game
- tried logging in from a different computer
- tried using VPN
- tried changing all the related settings in-game
- tried using many different servers
- tried rebooting my entire computer

at this point i pretty much lost hope i could ever play this game (a friend of mine lives a block away and his game works fine)

if there could be any other solution i haven't tried ill be glad to try it.
hope anyone could help me.
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2022, 11:31:17 AM
"
TheLegendey wrote:
I started playing PoE around ritual league (maybe abit earlier), ever since i started i had disconnection problems, most of the time with the message "failed to connect to instance" sometime with the message "the operation requires you to be logged in". the disconnects are getting worse with every league.
in previous leagues when i get d/ced when entering a map i would lose the portal (lost me more boss encounters than i can count) however, in this league the portal seems to remain but the d/cs are much more frequent.
running any type of content is impossible, doing lab is just miserable (lost about 20 offerings because of d/cs) end game bosses is simply impossible.

- tried using VPN

at this point i pretty much lost hope i could ever play this game (a friend of mine lives a block away and his game works fine)

Sadly there are many "softwares" that can interfere with PoE and make you DC.
It can also be some hardware settings that is doing this.

What PoE gateway are you using to login and what others have you tried ?

Are you using WiFi in your home or a Wireless ISP solution ?

Please give detailed information about ALL your PC hardware (including Vendor) and the OS you are using ?

In the past, I know there have been problems with MSI Afterburner and nVidia Expiriance making people DC.

You are sure that your motherboard bios settings is correct and bios is fully updated ??

Have you installed all the needed Vendor drivers for your hardware (motherboard chipset drivers and so on).

Are you doing any OC of your CPU, RAM or GPU ?

Have you checked your connection to GGG's servers with WinMTR ?
all great questions, ill dive right in to it when i get back home. and post my findings.

appreciate a lot the fast response!
ok so im not a computer guy so i hope i gathered the correct information you asked.
as for gateway, i assume as in server when logging in, i live in israel so i tried all the European servers (most of the time i use the automatic pick), when using the vpn, i tried all of them.

im using a stationary pc with ethernet connection, 200mbps plan.

by hardware i guess you mean the physical components of my pc:
OS - windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU - Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard - ASRock B85M Pro4 (CPUSocket)
Graphics - C27R500 (1920x1080@60Hz) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (Gigabyte)
Storage - 119GB SAMSUNG MZ7TD128HAFV-00000 (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA )
Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

im pretty sure my Motherboard is fully updated since i rebooted my computer 2 days ago and updated it.

im not sure about the vendors

im not using OC to my knowledge.

i ran the test on winMTR and these are the results(i understand nothing of it)
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 500 | 500 | 0 | 0 | 14 | 0 |
| 10.187.28.1 - 1 | 493 | 491 | 5 | 10 | 46 | 7 |
| 172.18.2.226 - 1 | 493 | 491 | 8 | 14 | 49 | 11 |
| 172.17.3.17 - 1 | 493 | 491 | 8 | 14 | 51 | 14 |
| No response from host - 100 | 102 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| HotNet-213-57-1-62.hotnet.net.il - 93 | 108 | 8 | 0 | 12 | 20 | 10 |
| HotNet-213-57-1-69.hotnet.net.il - 1 | 497 | 496 | 0 | 12 | 54 | 11 |
| HotNet-213-57-1-76.hotnet.net.il - 92 | 109 | 9 | 0 | 13 | 19 | 11 |
| 146.0.235.79 - 1 | 497 | 496 | 0 | 59 | 101 | 62 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

hope it gives you all the information needed to help me sort my problem :)
have a great day.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
TheLegendey wrote:

- tried using VPN

Sadly there are many "softwares" that can interfere with PoE and make you DC.
It can also be some hardware settings that is doing this.

What PoE gateway are you using to login and what others have you tried ?

Are you using WiFi in your home or a Wireless ISP solution ?

Please give detailed information about ALL your PC hardware (including Vendor) and the OS you are using ?

In the past, I know there have been problems with MSI Afterburner and nVidia Expiriance making people DC.

You are sure that your motherboard bios settings is correct and bios is fully updated ??

Have you installed all the needed Vendor drivers for your hardware (motherboard chipset drivers and so on).

Are you doing any OC of your CPU, RAM or GPU ?

Have you checked your connection to GGG's servers with WinMTR ?

i forgot to quote you :)
🥲
Sadly i have the same problem from 2019 and now it's 24.06.2022. Tryed everything and doasent work even changed pc 6 mouths ago. As you say'd before when you got the error you lost the portal now you dont anymore so it is clear to me that they know what we are talking about but just dont give a ... to bother with us and fix the real problem or they are not capable in doing so. Buy MTX make company happy but us the players who get this problem are forgoten.
Keep up the good work GGG!(Sarcasm!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info