Accidentally Activating League Mechanic

I'm new to the game, so maybe there is a reason for this. I started the game last weekend in Scourge. The league mechanic there, was a combination of R2 and the big fat pad, which made sense to me.

Playing only a few hours, I see a real problem with this league mechanic. When I'm in a tight corridor, the statue creature gets activated when I'm trying to dash, because the activation button is the same as my dash button - x. All of a sudden i find the screen asking to insert a gem while the bad people keep punching my brain. Why would you make it X when it can interfere with skills?

I saw similar frozen people (i think for essences) along the way over the weekend, but i never had a problem with those, maybe because they were never in tight quarters or had a lot of mobs handing around.

Is there a way to change the button for the league mechanic? I'd hate to have to change my X button.

As a side note:
It feels like there are way too many of these statue people in the maps, but maybe it will grow on me.
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2022, 5:54:52 PM
Too many statue people? It’s literally the league mechanic and there’s 4 in each zone. Very rewarding if done correctly.
There may be a minimum of 4 in each zone, but there can be more. I was just playing and counted 5 in the library, and I didn't even explore the entire map. On some I feel like i passed way more.

I'm glad you enjoy it, for me less is more in this case.
Would it be viable for you to change your flame dash button set up?
At this point, im going to have to live with it. im very conscious of this situation when around statues, so thats how it will have to be. Its unfortunate, it shouldnt have to be this way.
Last edited by zorkrid1 on Feb 12, 2022, 4:57:37 PM
I feel I must bump this. The frustration is getting a bit much to deal with.

I'm sick and tired of dying because instead of casting my skill like I wanted, the archnemesis UI opens up. Or the envoy, or a ritual is started, or an essence opens.

You made more keybinds for Xbox, why cant the new stuff be put there? It seriously does not look like you even play it on the Xbox (the trade market changes made searching worse too).

Better yet, let us choose our own keybinds.
Well, X is the default interact button. From talking to npcs, to picking up loot, to opening chests.

Maybe at some point GGG wil give us customizable keybinds, but until that time you'll have to learn to live with it.

My 'workaround' is to not bind anything to X.
Last edited by superdreddie on Feb 22, 2022, 9:58:40 AM
"
xCushman wrote:
Too many statue people? It’s literally the league mechanic and there’s 4 in each zone. Very rewarding if done correctly.

You use 4 they have around twice as many per map
Yeah, I think having more key bindings makes too much sense to be ignored.

When other games have a "dialog" or an "action" button, they don't allow you to bind skills to that button. At a minimum I think that should be done here.

My short term solution is to not bind anything for X. I remapped it to RT + X instead. Not ideal but it seems to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info