Crashed 3 times w/ Black Star Portals. Unable to deserialise packet with pid 18516

I really hope this can be resolved by GGG. I have seen this reported issue dating back years from this game. I've been playing this game since the Legion league. It wasn't until this league that I've had an insane amount of crashes. This post is going to be long, sorry in advance.

I'll post the main reason I'm here first. Today during my first invite to the Black Star I crashed three times in a row trying to use the portal. Every single time the crash is "Unable to deserialise packet with pid 18516". This has been happening every day to me at least once but most of the time 3+ times a day. I play a lot as I work from home. I probably log 10+ hours a day since league start. This error happens ONLY when I use a port of some sort. Portals like in this video or even worse, when I'm in lab. I crashed in all my labs this league when going to either the 2nd or 3rd boss room of lab. Soon as I click the door to port it happens (like you see with portals in this video here).

I thought ok maybe I need to get off Vulkan. Nope, happens on DX11. I played on Vulkan the last two leagues with barely ever crashing. I bet I didn't crash more than twice the whole Scourge league.

I've read old post saying its your wifi router. I play on a wired connection that is 1Gbps down/up, it's not my internet lol. My PC specs: W10 Up to date, 10700K not overclocked, 3090 (updated drivers, even did a clean install), reinstalled my whole libraries (C++, etc). I've tried everything you can think of. Nothing works. In this video you will see I finally get into the portal and the only thing I did there is closed out Awakened PoE Trade, Discord & Malwarebytes. Now before someone says oh it was probably one of those three that is your problem. Then why for the last two leagues has those never been a issue?

My last rant is DX11 and this game. Before I ever tried Vulkan DX11 was fine for me. One day I tried Vulkan and this game played sooo much smoother so I stuck with it. Now if I try to switch back to DX11 the game is UNPLAYABLE. I don't mean I have bad FPS, I mean this game stutters so bad I cannot play it. I've cleared my cache with POE too when swapping this back to DX11. When these crashes started this league I thought it was Vulkan so I actually uninstalled the game, deleted my config file folder and deleted all App Data items. Complete wiped POE off my computer. Then I installed POE on my main M.2 SSD and DX11 still ran horrible. I then repeated all of the above and then installed the standalone POE, same thing. So trust me when I say I have tried it all, I have. I'm the type to research for days on a issue before posting about it,

Here is video of crashes. If you want to skip over me fiddling with settings, closing apps, etc you can skip to around :08, :40 and 1:35 in video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe8zjj5yC3o
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2022, 10:49:59 PM
Bump, happening for me too. Pack check didn't work, reinstalling now; now I get to stare at the ceiling for the next hour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info