My settings doesn't saves, please help

A few days ago i've started to play PoE with my friends. They're experienced players, and i'm an almost newbie in game. I've played once in PoE, and found it not interested at that time, but now with a right team im ready.
But that cause some issues. Or, perhaps, one. When i started the game i've quickly realized, that the sound is too loud for me. Also i wanted to change the language to my native one, for a better gaming experience (even with a good understanding of English language, i can speak freely). But after restarting the game i've realized, that my settings hasn't changed! I've repeated the process a few more times, until i knew for sure - they didn't saves at all and i didn't do anything wrong! I've called my friends (who called me stupid, thanks) and told me to do the exact same thing. I showed my screen via Discord and yeah - i did absolutely nothing wrong! Then my most experienced friend said to change the log in the game files (where the settings is). But i cannot - it was clear as a New Years snow! Then he get me his log and said - just replace it with mine. And after that...it was his settings! Success! Horray, right?
NO! Because my friend is playing without any music and less sounds i need to change it. EVERY. TIME. Because GUESS WHAT?! It didn't fix the problem! Now i still need to change the settings each and every time im entering the game.
I've remember that i had a situation like that earlier, but i played PoE only...a few hours, i guess? That wasn't a big deal, back in the days. But now, when i want to play with my friends for DAYS this IS an actual problem. Can someone please help me? I want to get the best gaming experience from this game, but with this...bug, i guess, it's not possible.
Last bumped on Feb 9, 2022, 1:05:39 AM
"
DragonFurry51 wrote:
A few days ago i've started to play PoE with my friends. They're experienced players, and i'm an almost newbie in game. I've played once in PoE, and found it not interested at that time, but now with a right team im ready.
But that cause some issues. Or, perhaps, one. When i started the game i've quickly realized, that the sound is too loud for me. Also i wanted to change the language to my native one, for a better gaming experience (even with a good understanding of English language, i can speak freely). But after restarting the game i've realized, that my settings hasn't changed! I've repeated the process a few more times, until i knew for sure - they didn't saves at all and i didn't do anything wrong! I've called my friends (who called me stupid, thanks) and told me to do the exact same thing. I showed my screen via Discord and yeah - i did absolutely nothing wrong! Then my most experienced friend said to change the log in the game files (where the settings is). But i cannot - it was clear as a New Years snow! Then he get me his log and said - just replace it with mine. And after that...it was his settings! Success! Horray, right?
NO! Because my friend is playing without any music and less sounds i need to change it. EVERY. TIME. Because GUESS WHAT?! It didn't fix the problem! Now i still need to change the settings each and every time im entering the game.
I've remember that i had a situation like that earlier, but i played PoE only...a few hours, i guess? That wasn't a big deal, back in the days. But now, when i want to play with my friends for DAYS this IS an actual problem. Can someone please help me? I want to get the best gaming experience from this game, but with this...bug, i guess, it's not possible.

You have a local issue with your windows. Either file access right or the UAC.
Try starting the PoE client as "an administrator".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info