Anyone else having huge shader issues with DX11?

I was having crazy shader lag spikes all over the place since league start. The frame rate was super super choppy and and would lag all over the place, almost unplayable. The first day I thought it was due to league start and the servers being busy, but then I asked some others and they had no issuses.

So I tried switching to Vulcan and the issue went away, Vulcan works smooth (no lag spikes) but I dont get as good of a framerate with Vulcan so I would like to go back to DX11. Below are my in game performance charts and you can see the huge difference between the two.

DX11

https://imgur.com/sWmrpXB

Vulcan

https://imgur.com/f5XGI1J

Anyone have similar issues or know how to fix this?

Thanks
Last edited by Wibbb on Feb 7, 2022, 4:30:43 PM
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2022, 3:13:35 AM
hummm yeah I have the same problem. I didn't know what it was but yeah my shader is spiking like crazy since last update. I'll try to change to vulcan tonight to see if it solves.
yes
I also noticed my div card tab looks like this?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Wibbb on Feb 7, 2022, 5:17:58 PM
Just tried updating my driver (Nvidia 2070 super from version 472 to 511), but still the same issue. Flip over to Vulcan and super smooth but lower frame rate.
Yep unplayable for me in dx11.

Cleaning most drivers in safe mode and reinstalling latest did not help much.

Vulkan was better but still a bit jumpy.

Mine was mostly CPU lag though, if F1 stats are to be believed.

Old CPU i7-3770k and decent GPU 980TI (6gb vram), game on SSD, internet ping 5ms steady.
Sorry realized I posted this in general discussion, moving it over the the bug reports forums.
I had a string of crashes on launcher start and after that, I couldn't launch ANY app or game on this pc without it locking up and saying "Device driver has stopped responding and has since recovered..."

Reinstalled clean drivers, no improvement. Redownloaded some games, including poe, no improvement. Cleared graphics settings and registry key, manually set everything up, can't even open minecraft or Civ 6 now.

I've practically memorized my DxDiag stats by now trying to troubleshoot what went wrong.

I honestly think when PoE crashes, it corrupts something somewhere that a LOT of other programs use, and the drivers weren't it. Still going through a bunch of call DLLs and dependencies to make sure I don't have to reinstall my entire OS.

So for now, I'm back on my old dying pc from 10 years ago, unable to play PoE anyway.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Feb 7, 2022, 6:35:40 PM
"
crunkatog wrote:
I had a string of crashes on launcher start and after that, I couldn't launch ANY app or game on this pc without it locking up and saying "Device driver has stopped responding and has since recovered..."

To my experience, this happened to me mostly on faulty/overheating/underpowered video cards. It may be worth a shot checking temperatures and maybe even testing VRAM especially if your gpu wasn't bought as brand new from store.

As for the shader problem mentioned, i had it on DX, but not on vulkan beta.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
dW2005 wrote:
"
crunkatog wrote:

To my experience, this happened to me mostly on faulty/overheating/underpowered video cards. It may be worth a shot checking temperatures and maybe even testing VRAM especially if your gpu wasn't bought as brand new from store.

As for the shader problem mentioned, i had it on DX, but not on vulkan beta.

My gpu is what it is. It's got 2gb VRAM and it's sitting at 45-55 degrees C while mashing some packed maps. It's not new, but I'm pretty sure it predates crypto mining by a few decades -.-

To be fair I ran all last league and oh, every league since like, Metamorph or Deli on this card. Even had some spectacular Poe crashes in that time, one that scrambled the game files so hard I had to reinstall on a different partition. But this mess is all new as of Saturday.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info