High latency spike in some maps issue with WinMTR

As per the title, some maps I run are causing a considerable latency spike. It's not throughout the entire map, seems to only occur when encountering monsters or using my skills (general cry Cyclone). Standing still in an area with no monsters results in normal latency.Walking around (with no monsters nearby) also causes latency spikes.

WinMTR link: https://pastebin.com/G4z4xiPM

https://imgur.com/a/7Ce3ab4
Last edited by Valody on Feb 7, 2022, 6:24:22 AM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2022, 7:46:08 PM
"
Valody wrote:
As per the title, some maps I run are causing a considerable latency spike. It's not throughout the entire map, seems to only occur when encountering monsters or using my skills (general cry Cyclone). Standing still in an area with no monsters results in normal latency.Walking around (with no monsters nearby) also causes latency spikes.

WinMTR link: https://pastebin.com/G4z4xiPM

https://imgur.com/a/7Ce3ab4

WinMTR looks fine.

Are you using DirectX or Vulcan ?

Is "enigine multithreading" on or off ?

Are you using more then 1 monitor and if yes, are they both set to the same resolution ?
"

WinMTR looks fine.

Are you using more then 1 monitor and if yes, are they both set to the same resolution ?

1) I am using Vulcan
2)Multithreading is enabled
3)Using 2 monitors, both set to the same resolution.
"
Valody wrote:
"

WinMTR looks fine.

1) I am using Vulcan

try disbling multithreading and see what happens.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Valody wrote:
"

WinMTR looks fine.

1) I am using Vulcan

try disbling multithreading and see what happens.

Ok will do. Will update if I run into another map that does it again.
thank you for your help and quick responses.
So, I still get latency spikes, but it doesnt climb to unplayable values. I go from ~40-50 to ~100-200. Which is a lot more manageable than 2000. Not sure why multithreading interacts that way with it, but I'll take it.
"
Valody wrote:
So, I still get latency spikes, but it doesnt climb to unplayable values. I go from ~40-50 to ~100-200. Which is a lot more manageable than 2000. Not sure why multithreading interacts that way with it, but I'll take it.

GGG did something that cursed this. Are you using a Intel or AMD CPU and witch precise model ?
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Valody wrote:

GGG did something that cursed this. Are you using a Intel or AMD CPU and witch precise model ?

Using AMD Ryzen 7 2700.

Funny enough, I think I found my fix for it. I was running a map with 2k latency spikes even with multithread off. So realized multithread wasnt the solution (and also that its not map specific).
So I changed from Vulcan to DirextX11, didnt help. Then I unplugged my ethernet cable and went on my wifi and no more huge latency spikes. My overall latency went up from 40ish to ~50-60 but it never spiked higher than 90. (didn't change back to vulcan tho, bc when I switched, game crashed and I lost portals. Was scared I might lose the instance if I crashed or DC'd too much)

So not sure if my ethernet cable is bad, if servers hate wired connections, or if im just cursed. But leaving it on wifi for now and seeing what happens.
"
Valody wrote:

Using AMD Ryzen 7 2700.

Funny enough, I think I found my fix for it. I was running a map with 2k latency spikes even with multithread off. So realized multithread wasnt the solution (and also that its not map specific).
So I changed from Vulcan to DirextX11, didnt help. Then I unplugged my ethernet cable and went on my wifi and no more huge latency spikes. My overall latency went up from 40ish to ~50-60 but it never spiked higher than 90. (didn't change back to vulcan tho, bc when I switched, game crashed and I lost portals. Was scared I might lose the instance if I crashed or DC'd too much)

So not sure if my ethernet cable is bad, if servers hate wired connections, or if im just cursed. But leaving it on wifi for now and seeing what happens.

for sure a problem with cable, netcard drivers or the physical netcable plug om either the pc or router/modem.
PoE really don't like a WiFi connection so I don't think you will be happy for long.

But try to change settings back again with multithreading on and so on, then start a new map.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Valody wrote:

Using AMD Ryzen 7 2700.

for sure a problem with cable, netcard drivers or the physical netcable plug om either the pc or router/modem.
PoE really don't like a WiFi connection so I don't think you will be happy for long.

But try to change settings back again with multithreading on and so on, then start a new map.

Ok so, I bought new cable, got a better wifi adapter for the PC, updated graphics card, cleared PoE cache, and still having this issue.
I have noticed that it tends to happen more often If I leave the map for whatever reason.
Was just running a crimson temple, everything was fine. Left the map to do a trade, maybe 30-40s. Came back and the latency started to ping absurdly high

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info