CPU Energy Consumption.

After 3.17 looks like GGG did something with problem with multithreaded CPUs (like 6/12, 8/16). Someone can turn on SMT and HT now.

BUT

There is a problem with energy consumption. CPU load in 30-45%. It's a fine.
But temp with it is huge.

Before 3.17 i had ~60°C with ~1000 RPM
After 3.17 i have ~65-60°C with ~1400 RPM

It isn't problem with cooling, because i played poe before patch and after patch without any changes.
MSI x570 Unify / 5600x / Noctua NH-D15 black

Last bumped on Feb 7, 2022, 5:57:27 AM
there is 1000 post about this i have same problem . seems we have to leave this game
65° is normal.
"
Shirdir wrote:
Someone can turn on SMT and HT now.

smt and hyperthreading are features of a processor to simulate more cores out of real cores.
there is few software which profits from simulated cores and games aren't usually among it.

my guess is, for playing games it's rather good to turn those features off in the bios and let the software use the real cores you got in your cpu.

normal cpu temperatures are around 40 to 70 °C, things get critical if temperatures reach 90 degree but modern cpus reduce their power themselves when you reach those thresholds.

"
cronus wrote:
"
Shirdir wrote:
Someone can turn on SMT and HT now.

smt and hyperthreading are features of a processor to simulate more cores out of real cores.
there is few software which profits from simulated cores and games aren't usually among it.

my guess is, for playing games it's rather good to turn those features off in the bios and let the software use the real cores you got in your cpu.

normal cpu temperatures are around 40 to 70 °C, things get critical if temperatures reach 90 degree but modern cpus reduce their power themselves when you reach those thresholds.

1) SMT increase fps in poe in x1.5 for me.
2) Question is not huge this temp or no. Question in WHY after patch game started to behave strangely.

I just hope someone read this topic. Because GGG closed techinal suppoty channel and they redirect all report to forum.
Last edited by Shirdir on Feb 7, 2022, 5:44:36 AM
really? smt imroved your fps?

either i'm wrong or the shader compilation does really profit from multithreading in poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info