Game does not launch now or update

-I am playing on a windows 10 PC and launch the stand alone launcher.
-I was playing 3 days ago on the same Pc with out any changes or updates.
-Logged in today and the short cut does not work any more

Trouble shooting I have tried:
-Attempted repair of game / unsuccessful
-Uninstalled /rebooted / reinstalled / Unsuccessful
-Fully uninstalled ( use revo uninstalled to clear out any traces ) rebooted / reinstalled / same issue
-I have tried launching from short cut and the root .exe
-I am admin on my PC and I have also tried launching as admin as well
-Windows 10 is fully updates as well as GPU

-Seems like the installer I get from the web site is not complete
- installed via Steam / same issue game does not launch

Not sure what has caused the issue and I have played on the same PC for maany years with out issue

-I am trying to reinstall windows just to play ,,
-I can still launch all my other games fine ( with most requiring a higher min. spec requirement )

at a loss for trouble shooting tips any suggestions ?
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2022, 7:01:06 PM
I forgot to mention
When I attempt to launch from short cut or exe. I get the thinking Mouse curser then nothing happens. even after re-install
I am experiencing this same issue, I played fine on the day of the launch and after the small update the game crashed immediately after attempting to launch it. It goes to the launcher briefly loads the bar and appears to be going into the game with the start of a black screen and disappears. I have verified the game, uninstalled and reinstalled twice and completely deleted the my games documents folders. On windows 10, completely up to date. Graphics drivers also up to date. Never experienced this before. Didn't change any graphic settings prior to this or anything.
Are you on the steam version? I was having this issue during expedition and scourge league. Basically what fixed it for me was to download the standalone client, update that and I guess it fixed something for the steam version.
currently I am on the standalone client, I have found a fix atm which requires me to unlpug my second monitor...but if I close the game and plug the second monitor back in and try to launch it it starts back crashing. This is even with the correct monitor being chosen in game.
I have it working with both monitors now, I had to swap them around in the windows display settings and re-identify/detect them. I don't know if this is going to help anyone else, but it is launching for me so far without fail.
I forgot to mention
When I attempt to launch from short cut or exe. I get the thinking Mouse curser then nothing happens. even after re-install

Sadly , Issue is still present , when I Download the game launcher to do a fresh in stall from the stand alone Client , Nothing happens once I click the .exe
Today, I turned off my Anti virus and Windows , retied install , same issue
GPu Dfully updated Nvidia drivers

Install directory for POe , has only .exe and redist

Same issue here. Yesterday I played the game like normal, today it updated and now 70% of the time it gives me a patching server connection error or a login server connection error.
The other 30% of the time, the game boots up but when i try to go to any instances, i'm disconnected.
Attempted Download again , same issue
.exe gives does not launch the game

I am not on the steam version , I am on stand alone client
I did try to install via steam just to test , but same issue . It has to be a my PC issue,, but I didnt change any thing ,,

I have spent more time trying to fix this game now than I have in the 8 years I have been playing

Guess time to move on until part 2 comes out . Super fun game with high replay , though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info