Suddenly character death sound is loud?

Player character and the Grand Arena unique trio all appear to have piercingly loud death screams now, when they had normal ones previously. Can you revert this, or explain why they can suddenly (as of 3.17 patch) be heard over every other noise ingame when they happen?
Last edited by Aklyon on Feb 5, 2022, 11:43:15 AM
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2022, 12:35:51 PM
I came here just to post about this, it's driving everyone crazy. Even worse, a couple bosses do the same VERY LOUD shrieking mid-fight... every time I think my party member died because of the jolting-tiliting-nerve-rattling-reach-for-the-xanax-bottle death screams that don't allow for me to enjoy the game audio anymore. I can only imagine how awful this is for HC players, adding audio insult to injury! Either way it's extremely distracting, it's louder than everything else in the game.

I love the NPC dialogues so much in PoE, and there are SO many new ones with the major changes to the story/atlas - but alas, I will have to skip them until further notice due to this awful change.

At least tune down the sound and don't make it a copycat sound that female bosses make during phases. If your character is female like mine or my group, you will think you/your friends are dying constantly. Even when they aren't. Copy pasting that female scream that was already in the game was really lazy. Can you just take this out?

If you're like me and keep returning to a super juicy death trap map to end up dying repeatedly, it's an extra FU in your ears as your xp bar drops to nada.

PLEASE REVERT!!
Veritania: When was the last time you saw the sun, Exile? The true sun.

Me, if I actually want to succeed at all in any given PoE League:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info