poe unable to deserialize packet with pid 18516

Seems like it is indeed on my side Malwarebyte issue - closing application solves it, no clue which part of application is causing this problem.
Last edited by paku89 on Feb 10, 2022, 8:47:55 AM
I've been opening random maps and been having this issue happen and I wouldn't be able to enter the map (it wouldn't use my portal at least). Now that I quit Malwarebytes after failing 5+ times in a row it now works, so Malwarebytes seems to be causing this issue.

It could reopen the same map and it would work, but sometimes random maps fail, I was doing a elder and it just failed on that or sometimes on a regular map.

Whitelisting the Path of Exile folder (steam) didn't fix the issue
Last edited by B_rock on Feb 20, 2022, 1:14:30 AM
it's confirmed to be a Malwarebytes issue.
Last edited by elesham4ever on Jun 16, 2023, 1:31:26 PM
I solved it by whitelisting poe in malwarebyte
you want to whitelist it as a folder, you can find the path on steam
It is not an issue with Malwarebytes as I, and many other people do not use that software. I am not sure what the issue is, but it happens every map I open and has been happening for the last 3 months. Whatever it is, it has rendered my client unplayable.
1. Close POE
2. Open command prompt and type: ipconfig /flushdns
3. Disable network adapter, wait few seconds, enable network adapter.

Worked for me, hope it helps someone!
IGN Melusia
"
It is not an issue with Malwarebytes as I, and many other people do not use that software. I am not sure what the issue is, but it happens every map I open and has been happening for the last 3 months. Whatever it is, it has rendered my client unplayable.

well big chance you have something on your PC doing this or your ISP are "interferring" with your traffic.....
Same issue here. I've tried whitelisting POE in MB and flushing the dns. This error keeps happening.
I have had the error I found if you switch servers it seems to fix it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info