poe unable to deserialize packet with pid 18516

After the league started I am receiving this randomly, typically when zoning into a zone. It disconnects me and if i log back in right away and try to zone I Get the same error. I went about 2 hours without it and logged off and when I came back I received the same error while trying to log in, next login was successful. I can't seem to find anything on this error since 2016 really so hopefully someone can help or at least find others are experiencing it as well.

Wired - Fiber ave 850 down and 700 up - not seeing any jitter that is problematic or packet losses.

Playing via Steam - I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Gaming rig with a 3070, so it definitely is not a "PC can't handle it" issue.

Wife plays wired on the same network and has yet to experience the error so I find it hard to believe it would be a network bandwidth issue.

Any help would be appreciated, never had a problem until now.
Last bumped on May 17, 2023, 12:24:48 PM
I have the same issue. Happens when I want to enter wetlands. Killed Oak fine,went to do trials, and cannot progress now, since I can neither port to Wetlands nor walk into it.
I'm having exact same issue when trying to go into the wetlands to progress to the next area.
Same thing, first when entering pasage in act six relaunched game it worked, but now 2 times in the row crash trying to enter beacon
Exact same issue here. Wife doesn't experience it, yet I experience it non-stop. Every time I entered crystal veins, it would crash, but if I went back to Mines lvl 2 and remade Crystal Veins it would let me in.
Same issue here - I've gotten it intermittently throughout the acts so far but a reload usually fixes it. However now I'm stuck trying to get into brine king's reef and no matter how many times I try, it fails.
Tried a packcheck, to no avail.
Last edited by Echre on Feb 4, 2022, 11:15:19 PM
Same issue here. It seems to persist when entering a specific zone until I wait for a while, then it's gone until it reappears with another zone.
I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling but the problem persists. Kind of a bummer.
If you CTRL+Click on a zone and create a new instance it will fix the issue for that zone, but that doesn't help in labs. This is occurring for me on 2 different internet connections that have different last mile providers and on 2 different computers.

I'm experiencing the same error, I have also noted that when the error pops up, whatever is happening is triggering a warning through malwarebytes as well.
Same issue, trying to find solution RN.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info