Help: Looking for Battletech Books in Chinese Language (Warrior Trilogy)

I'd like to buy the WARRIOR TRILOGY from the BattleTech series in Chinese language but I can't seem to find any Chinese translations - maybe there aren't any.

If any of you guys know of official or fan-based translations that are decent, please let me know, thx.

The 3 books are:

1.) Warrior: En Garde
2.) Warrior: Riposte
3.) Warrior: Coupé

All three written by Michael A. Stackpole
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last bumped on Jan 31, 2023, 4:18:13 AM
Are you looking for Mandarin or Cantonese? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Simplified or traditional chinese.

A quick search found nothing. There might not be a chinese translation.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Simplified or traditional chinese.

A quick search found nothing. There might not be a chinese translation.

Well, those books are pretty old; I'n sure there wasn't a contemporary translation, and a fan translation seems very unlikely. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
sorry for my late reply...so busy with work at the moment.

I would like to have them in Mandarin (simplified, but if traditional I'd take it too).

thank you all for your help !
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jan 19, 2022, 12:32:22 AM
Depending on what you want it for (learning, etc.), it may come down to finding the books in English online, and plugging chunks of text into a translator. I dunno if the books are out there, or if there is an appropriate translator program capable of handling the process coherently. ='[.]'=
Great, thanks! Everything here is quite simple, although at first the calculations may seem really complicated. I advise you to turn your attention to the page https://sks23cu.net where you can register and write your question or describe a math problem that you cannot solve. You will be helped quickly enough.
Last edited by EmmanuelAdams on Jul 29, 2022, 12:46:17 AM
bump
Last edited by TheodoreLucas on Jul 26, 2022, 9:57:34 AM
such things will be hard to find
this sounds like a golden opportunity for you to step in and do it yourself, if you're reasonably fluent.

It seems like something you might find more easily if you poke around on ebay or look at what the game company or publisher have historically done.

Battletech is something I remember being pretty big about the same time that T-Chinese translations for Magic: the Gathering came out in like 1995-6. Since there was a lot of cross-promotion between WOTC and FASA/WizKids with brick-and-mortar game stores engaging community organized tournaments for these games, I can imagine the publishers of the battletech books would have had a translation overlapping the Magic market and the (later) MageKnight and HeroClix market. (sadly D&D books aren't officially available in any Chinese dialect but this was also a cross promoted game)

Good luck with your search.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info