Interview with a serial killer.

I am considering backing this project on kickstarter, partially because I am fascinated with serial killers and because this convicted criminal, offers a video interview in one of the tiers.

I am however unsure of how to conduct myself and what must ask questions I should present the person.

If anyone have ideas or input, I would really appreciate them.

The project in question is:
Rightfully so, support removed the actual link to the project and thus I should offer the name instead, so that anyone can search for it.

The project is called: Criminal confessions

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by absurdistan88 on Jan 7, 2022, 11:39:09 AM
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2022, 6:15:59 AM
Before you proceed, you should ask yourself why you find serial killers so fascinating.

Also, remember to treat everyone you meet with a basic amount of human dignity and mutual respect. No matter what you have heard about them, or what your context or assumptions are going forward.

Even the most emotionally disturbed, scarred, or disordered personality structure is essentially a human spirit's adaptation to extreme adversity or developmental critical failures.

And that human person will respond favourably to being treated with dignity and respect, whether you wish to understand them better, or avoid provoking a situation where you place yourself or others in immediate danger.

But above all know why you're interested, do you feel empathy and want to help, or because you have unsorted trauma from your own life.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
Before you proceed, you should ask yourself why you find serial killers so fascinating.

Also, remember to treat everyone you meet with a basic amount of human dignity and mutual respect. No matter what you have heard about them, or what your context or assumptions are going forward.

Even the most emotionally disturbed, scarred, or disordered personality structure is essentially a human spirit's adaptation to extreme adversity or developmental critical failures.

And that human person will respond favourably to being treated with dignity and respect, whether you wish to understand them better, or avoid provoking a situation where you place yourself or others in immediate danger.

But above all know why you're interested, do you feel empathy and want to help, or because you have unsorted trauma from your own life.

All valid points. There's no underlying trauma that applicates to my fascination, but a mere interest in the human psyche. The creator of the project is a regular Joe, could be anyone I guess and that is both terrifying and intiguing.
I'd like to see an interview with a female serial killer tbh. So many of them seem to be male it gets tiring. Bonus points if you can find one who's LGBT.

Also preferably not one with some sad childhood trauma or something. I'd prefer to see what drives a healthy, well-functioning mind to kill - and preferably to kill strangers, not some friends/family members they had a grudge against.

And then you could interview some soldiers, particularly snipers. Ones with significant numbers of kills. Compare how they talk about their kills with how the serial killer spoke of it. May be an interesting social commentary there.

Cos the most interesting question imo isn't what drives a person to kill, but what drives a society to accept it. Especially if some of them were civilians...

Also imo the most fascinating look into the psychology of killing didn't involve any killing at all, at least not real ones - the Stanford Milgram experiment.

Pretty sure if ethics allowed, you could find all sorts of other triggers...
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 7, 2022, 10:04:50 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
I'd like to see an interview with a female serial killer tbh. So many of them seem to be male it gets tiring. Bonus points if you can find one who's LGBT.

Also preferably not one with some sad childhood trauma or something. I'd prefer to see what drives a healthy, well-functioning mind to kill - and preferably to kill strangers, not some friends/family members they had a grudge against.

And then you could interview some soldiers, particularly snipers. Ones with significant numbers of kills. Compare how they talk about their kills with how the serial killer spoke of it. May be an interesting social commentary there.

Cos the most interesting question imo isn't what drives a person to kill, but what drives a society to accept it. Especially if some of them were civilians...

Also imo the most fascinating look into the psychology of killing didn't involve any killing at all, at least not real ones - the Stanford Milgram experiment.

Pretty sure if ethics allowed, you could find all sorts of other triggers...

That's kind of the draw for me too in this and why I chose to back the project.

The person had a splendid childhood, no deviations, a core family and grew up doing things by the book. Finished college and worked in the Samaritan field.

Gender doesn't matter to me, nor sexual preference, and I do understand why society turns its blind eye, rather than accept.
Last edited by absurdistan88 on Jan 9, 2022, 2:56:16 AM
"
absurdistan88 wrote:
I am considering backing this project on kickstarter, partially because I am fascinated with serial killers and because this convicted criminal, offers a video interview in one of the tiers.

I am however unsure of how to conduct myself and what must ask questions I should present the person.

If anyone have ideas or input, I would really appreciate them.

The project in question is:
Rightfully so, support removed the actual link to the project and thus I should offer the name instead, so that anyone can search for it.

The project is called: Criminal confessions

[Removed by Support]

If you kill him, you could be the star in the sequal :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info