Drilling is loud

Stop ur dirty minds for a second. I had a well drilled today and had to put in shooting ear muffs in my house. Couldnt watch football or anything and whole ground shook. Imagine doing that 8hrs a day

Whats funny is rig operator wanted to sell me the business - he knows me since I have a right of way clearing operation - aka glorified lawn mower. I'm like no thanks thats to much work/stress.. didnt even need 8hrs to figure that out. Needed like 5 min. loud loud loud.

He'll be back tomorrow and the next day unfortunately. 600 ft is ground water here
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 20, 2021, 8:42:15 PM
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2021, 11:07:45 PM
You guys want to see a picture of it? His "dick" is still in the ground. They cant move rig until done. It's like midnight and everything here.

What's this red button do?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 20, 2021, 9:37:18 PM
I'd be curious to know what you paid for this. Water independence is a fine thing to have. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
I'd be curious to know what you paid for this. Water independence is a fine thing to have. =^[.]^=

20K includes 600 ft wire which was an unbelievable 3K down to pump, 500 gallon tank etc. I have to plumb it from well head into house. No big deal there I have the license and heavy equipment for that. But retail would be about 4K-7k depending on distance and geology.

Figure 30k for work and material. That does not include water rights. Could be 100k or nothing depending where and deed.

Yeah going off grid soon. I'm 100% solar too.

Oh and I have 3 phase power at my house and it's "free" Just a 3 phase rider at my shop cost $600 mo. Lease expires in 10 days thank god. Many tools I have require three phase. I'll roll out of bed and be working. It's that cool. I love my work so I made it more efficient.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 21, 2021, 7:25:29 PM
i would have bought in, but then drilling and coring are big money in some parts of the province due to environmental cleanups and abatements.

Yes it's loud, and good for you for protecting your hearing!
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Not only too loud seems too variable Like whether construction is happening or not. IMO bubble about to blow like 2008..My uncle owns a swimming pool business and I saw what happens when building stops first hand since i dug all his holes. Not real fun when expenditures exceed revenue which is probably why driller is selling. Trees and brush will always grow over oil pipelines, power lines and gas wells so I like what I do more. Not to mention loudest thing I own is a tree mulching head on skid steer and dont even need ear protection in cab.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 24, 2021, 11:54:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info