The Last To Die; hopefully Last of its kind

Call me a nerd (I am) but I really love the voicelines and the "stories you can take with you" on plaques throughout the Acts. The way you can click the poem/plaque/carving whatever as you go through the Acts spices things up a bit and solved the age old problem of how to get a person who enjoys the Lore a chance to hear it, and for those who do not, a chance to skip it all. If you want to hear the story though, instead of being forced to sit and read at an NPC you get to have it told to you by some really fun voice actors as you battle through the area and learn what is going on there. I hope the new Acts in PoE 2 are full of these bits of story that you can hear as you continue to fight through the area.

But this post was namely about the most awful, uninspired, dreadful character I've ever encountered in the game. The Last To Die. Generally, when a league comes with a new character or cast of characters they have... you know... a personality... they convince you to help their cause... etc. Heist had an amazing cast of characters with wonderful interactions together and backstories. Betrayal, took our old friends and gave them a new story arc. Even Expedition had a colorful bunch of characters, even if some of them can be mildly rude - THEY HAVE A PERSONALITY! Cassia might be a bit strange and overly demanding, but again - it is personality she has. She also has functionality by containing voicelines that serve a purpose; to warn the player that mobs are getting too close to the pump. Is she a bit diff? Oh for sure. But, she is certainly colorful. Our strange and familiar (and sometimes emotionally abusive) friend in Delirium is beautifully crafted. And The Envoy, Oh My God - The Envoy, I freaking love that guy! So much work went into him and the voice acting is just absolutely awesome. With the Envoy being a more recent addition, relatively, I have high hopes each league for the characters stories and voice acting. This league is painful though.

The Last to Die was such a disappointment. I have no reason to interact with her. She is just so awful when I click her on accident. Yes, on accident, because she serves zero purpose - the respec functionality could easily happen inside the crucible window where scourge skill points are allocated - but instead I have to talk to this godforsaken scumbag. She literally serves no purpose and as a character... [Removed by Support]

You have a great audio/voice team and some really creative writers and great voice acting at your disposal - please use it!

One of the things I truly adore about your game is the story-work put into your characters and while some of the voicelines are mehhh at times, they aren't offputting to the point that this useless NPC with no good cause to support is. Usually the league NPCs have a dialogue with you, give you a reason to want to fight for them or with them, but this one... this one...
She should have been the FIRST TO DIE. Cutting room floor type junk her voicelines and role in the league. I would have rather had no NPC interactions at all than have this pain in the rear tryin to crash in my hideout and bring everyone down.

Your team usually does wonderful, unique and fun work with the NPCs and voice acting and I just wanted to say I hope to see that again as it really is something that gives PoE a unique flair that other games lack. Add in more chars like The Last To Die and that flair will die along with her. The horrible NPC in Ultimatum that made me want to skip league mechanics entirely to avoid hearing him talk is lookin like a peach in comparison to this useless downer.
Veritania: When was the last time you saw the sun, Exile? The true sun.

Me, if I actually want to succeed at all in any given PoE League:
Last edited by Al_GGG on Dec 8, 2021, 12:07:22 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2021, 11:24:46 AM
Probably the worst NPC ever introduced to the game, agreed. You could've done so much better.

The Envoy really is an amazing and awesome NPC, more of this please.

Last to Die should have been the First, yup!!
I prefer Last to die less talking than the over talking of heist rogues while doing contracts , i dont agree that this npc needs any work at all and its ok to have 1 league without insane amount of reading or voicelines , will be nice if she had her own sotre (same as lani store in town just scourged) with random scourged items and with the league orbs with new vendor recipes too for those orbs , so if i get usless 6 socket scourged item i can vendor it for tainted jewelrs , there is the purpose :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info