Multithreading stutters

Good day! Please, ask the developers to see this post on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/iw4ktd/had_a_lot_of_stuttering_changed_one_setting_to/

it is impossible to play normally, I have to restart the client 5-10-15 times so that it starts without a multi-thread bug, and when it is possible, thanks to crashes between the portals, I have to do it again, this is unbearable, please show your humanity and ask the developers to fix it, the bug exists for a very long time and some people with different processors suffer from it

the problem itself is that disabling Multithreading on medium processors does not give an acceptable fps. If we consider powerful processors, then the problem is solved easier there, turned off, but you still have a comfortable FPS, but what about weak and medium budgets? I've met a lot of people who just deleted the game because of this bug. Pls make this a top priority.

Found a possible solution to the problem - see posts below (this happens after disabling the protection against Meltdown and Spectre + one more thing!)
Vulkan our future!
Last edited by VulkanAPI on Jun 20, 2022, 12:39:34 AM
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2022, 3:43:24 AM
Same trouble
"
VulkanAPI wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/iw4ktd/had_a_lot_of_stuttering_changed_one_setting_to/

it is impossible to play normally, I have to restart the client 5-10-15 times so that it starts without a multi-thread bug, and when it is possible, thanks to crashes between the portals, I have to do it again, this is unbearable, please show your humanity and ask the developers to fix it, the bug exists for a very long time and some people with different processors suffer from it

the problem itself is that disabling Multithreading on medium processors does not give an acceptable fps. If we consider powerful processors, then the problem is solved easier there, turned off, but you still have a comfortable FPS, but what about weak and medium budgets? I've met a lot of people who just deleted the game because of this bug. Pls make this a top priority.

1.How many and who did you meet who deleted the game because of this issue which essentially is just an indicator of bad hardware. Players need to get it out of their head that just because it's a f2p title, a tetris should be able to run it.

2.Disabling multithreading in this day and age should never be even an option, ofc it will have negative impact on medium/low end CPUs more than on high end. Even more so, if disabling it gives you a performance boost, it's a hardware configuration issue.

3. What should be made top priority instead, is educating or just simply outright banning anyone who makes a topic in tech support section without even bothering to give a hint as to what hardware they are running.

4. Really tho, who are these ''many'' people you speak of? Because in a game of this size in terms of player numbers a bunch of topics is not exactly the indicator for dooomsday.
No rest for the wicked.
"
VulkanAPI wrote:

never ever had problems with multithread turned on both on old pc and new pc....
Old pc = Core i7-3770K (5Ghz OC), 16 GB ram, Asus GTX1070TI Cerberus Adv.,
Samsung 840 500GB SSD

New pc = AMD 5800x, 32GB 3600 MHz ram, Asus TUF OC 3070Ti, Samsung 980-Pro 1TB Gen4 NVME SSD
Did you try to cap the framerate to 60 or 100 fps ?
This could give some headroom to your cpu when the game needs it.

Running the game at 100%CPU and 200+FPS (like in the reddit post) can be the problem. For some games, it's ok, but not all games.
Last edited by MrVaad on Dec 20, 2021, 3:12:07 PM
you probably didn't understand, the game works ideal with the current settings, it just bugs multithreading when opening the game and in order to catch this ideality, you will have to start the game from scratch 2-15 times
after which, with the same settings, it gives a stable, even FPS without any changes, just 2-15 rediscovery of the game and a miracle happens

if you read carefully, you would understand that the point is not in the "weakness" of the hardware, but especially in the confluence of some configurations. these configurations are very different, both on powerful hardware and on weak and medium and in the generation of processors there is a very huge difference (for example, 2nd and 9th generations of intel give the same bug)

if a developer writes to me in PM or here and asks me to make a video, I’m even ready to spend time to visually show this bug

This is a screen from my HO, do you think it looks like 100% work hardware?
https://i.imgur.com/SrmZy6N.png
I just ran the game 8-10 times until it gave me perfect 72 fps with no jumps and drawdowns (its always locked on 72 - no need more)
and it will work fine until the game crashes or I restart it myself
but sometimes it is lucky and starts the first time without a bug, but this is very rare

and I'll write again that it's not about the health of the hardware, in other games the perfect FPS from the first start =)

by the way, the bug is visible even on the main screen, especially after login, when the camera moves against the background of the statue
Vulkan our future!
Last edited by VulkanAPI on Jan 24, 2022, 6:56:28 PM
[Solution]
good news, if you turn back protection against Meltdown and Spectre, then the launches become excellent, I will continue to observe, but this is the first game multithread that breaks due to disabling these protections.
https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

Ok, now all good. Nice support...
Devs fix yours multithread with disabled meltdown and spectre protection
Vulkan our future!
Last edited by VulkanAPI on Jan 25, 2022, 2:00:07 AM
Feeling some discomfort after turning on the protections, I started digging and found constant jumps in the rendering time of the processor frame

And having connected 1 + 1(knowing about the game's multithread bug), I went to the BIOS and turned off the hyperthreading of the processor, you can see the result on the video

HT Enabled
https://youtu.be/FHl4SbeOCqg

HT Disabled
https://youtu.be/Quy6D6Y39jk

And so, the developers should remake the crooked multithread or give normal support to the players, which will explain well that when playing their game, you do not need to turn off meltdown protections, but you need to turn off hyperthreading in the BIOS (at least on certain systems)

Players, always remember, they don't care about you and you will suffer until you help yourself!

GL to all
Vulkan our future!
Last edited by VulkanAPI on Jan 31, 2022, 3:07:21 AM
deleted its not work :D
Vulkan our future!
Last edited by VulkanAPI on Jun 20, 2022, 12:39:20 AM
There's something i use when i disable vsync.

I found that the game's fps limiter is far from perfect (you can see it better when watching frametimes instead of fps)

-> the variations disappear if i use nvidia fps limiter (or rivatuner's fps limiter which is even better)
Last edited by MrVaad on Jun 20, 2022, 3:46:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info